[Event] Lesotho Mega Enduro

Detour Trails

Event Name: Lesotho Mega Enduro
When: 22 September 2017 - 25 September 2017
Where: Lesotho, International
Category: Enduro

If you enjoy fast, natural single track and technical challenges the Lesotho Mega Enduro should be on your bucket list. Experience the Basotho culture and enjoy a weekend of rad riding with friends and like-minded riders. Over four days of riding, riders will be presented with more epic trails than their bodies will allow them to do and to save energy, we will shuttle assist everywhere possible.

Think of Africa’s version of Trans Provence or Andes Pacifico and you’ll have a good idea of what’s in store

Go to Event Page

Hi Nonky

Trail bike or even enduro.. DH bike not recommended as there are some ride and hike-a-bike sections to access the runs. 

what is the MINIMUM bike requirement?

trail? enduro? DH?

Hi Nonky

Trail bike or even enduro.. DH bike not recommended as there are some ride and hike-a-bike sections to access the runs. 

Noted, thanks.  

Sounds like an awesome event - is it related to Lesotho Sky in any way?   Same routes or similar?

Noted, thanks.  

Sounds like an awesome event - is it related to Lesotho Sky in any way?   Same routes or similar?

Totally different! This is not a stage race but an enduro tour. We will shuttle guys up the mountain, in group and they will bomb down the hill. Some of these runs are up to 30min long

Check out our website and find the package that suits your budget... http://www.detourtrails.co.za/event/lesotho-mega-enduro/

Actually those costs look pretty good! Just a Q... if you took the self drive / self tent / self Doona / self bunks / self couch option I'm guessing you'd miss the final descent down the Sani Pass (unless you wanted to turn around and climb back up to your car at the base camp to then drive back down). 

No options for your own tent and being driven in / out? My tent is a regular palace! :)

While Sani Pass is iconic, its not going to be the most exciting decent of the weekend. We might be able to link you up with someone at Sani Backpackers and you can go up with them. Also there will probably be enough crew to drive your vehicle down if you want.

Looks great. The 'Berg has to be the place to cultivate the big mountain enduro riding you get in Europe, over here. Pity its so far from CT :-(

Looks great. The 'Berg has to be the place to cultivate the big mountain enduro riding you get in Europe, over here. Pity its so far from CT :-(

We have been getting a lot of interest from CT so we are offering airport pick up on Thursday and back to the airport on Monday, transport to Sani Backpackers, accommodation for the night and dinner & breakfast for R1200

Edited by Detour Trails