Helivac Winter Criterium Series - Gauteng

Frosty

What re the entries like so far?

Will the original time table apply, and if not what is it likely to look like?

Just a suggestion, but if categories need to be combined, would it not be possible to drop the open seeded race, and have age group starts like what used to be done at the Kremetart.  Or will this be a problem with the Vets racing guys having a licence?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What re the entries like so far?

Will the original time table apply, and if not what is it likely to look like?

Just a suggestion, but if categories need to be combined, would it not be possible to drop the open seeded race, and have age group starts like what used to be done at the Kremetart.  Or will this be a problem with the Vets racing guys having a licence?

Calling Frosty on this one....

The entries will determine the categories in a big way though. Will confirm once entries closed and post on here.

Calling Frosty on this one....

The entries will determine the categories in a big way though. Will confirm once entries closed and post on here.

Online entries closed at 12:00 today.

47 entries received - with a few non-payments.

A good mix of Youth, Elite, 30-39, 40-49 and Open. No ladies and only one 50+

I know a few line entries from the south, but anyone in the PTA area needs to get through to Voortrekker Monument to make the second event as successful at the first one.

Were these ever posted?

No, never posted.

I received some results, on Wednesday this week, back from the officials - with a few queries.

I'll try upload these results tomorrow, so everyone knows where they stand.

edit: it isn't full results - only the top 10 in each category were identified. I have Elite and Vets, but incomplete open group. Hopefully I'll get the start lists back, so I can go through it all.

Online entries closed at 12:00 today.

47 entries received - with a few non-payments.

A good mix of Youth, Elite, 30-39, 40-49 and Open. No ladies and only one 50+

I know a few line entries from the south, but anyone in the PTA area needs to get through to Voortrekker Monument to make the second event as successful at the first one.

At least I know who the 50+ entry is, it's me

Will be there tomorrow. Probably getting my ass thoroughly handed to me, but looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be there tomorrow. Probably getting my ass thoroughly handed to me, but looking forward to it.

Hey, that was gonna be my line. ;)

At least I will have some company at the back :)

I'm planning to ride (at the back of the group) with my GoPro capturing some "in the bunch" videos/stills. I was going to mount in on the seat post (facing backwards), but you might not see anything, until I get lapped.

Hope the organisers allow it...  :whistling:

I'm planning to ride (at the back of the group) with my GoPro capturing some "in the bunch" videos/stills. I was going to mount in on the seat post (facing backwards), but you might not see anything, until I get lapped.

Hope the organisers allow it... :whistling:

Was planning on mounting my GoPro upfront. We could get some nice combined video shots to promote this series.

Think the organisers should take a leaf out of the TDF commissionairs modus operandi and let this slide... ;)

Is there a cut off for registration tomorrow? Or you can register anytime before your group starts?

Wow, my first Crit and that was super intense. I was blown away after just 4 laps! Struggled just to hang on at the back of the group.

I will have to significantly improve if I want to ride along next time. :)

Wow, my first Crit and that was super intense. I was blown away after just 4 laps! Struggled just to hang on at the back of the group.

I will have to significantly improve if I want to ride along next time. :)

Ditto. Was super tough. The start really caught me off guard. Should've known better in hindsight.

I'll do it again. When I have 50W extra in the tank!

Ditto. Was super tough. The start really caught me off guard. Should've known better in hindsight.

I'll do it again. When I have 50W extra in the tank!

Agreed! That bl**dy hill climb thingy didn't help either, man I toasted some matches on that thing.

Was an awesome event.

I will post a few pics in the morning.

I managed to be involved in the main bunch up to 20 min, last 10 min solo.  We see what happens in 2 weeks time.

Archived