[Event] Howick Enduro

Griffin

Event Name: Howick Enduro
When: 23 September 2017 - 24 September 2017
Where: Howick, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: Enduro

- Skills clinic 23 Sept with some of the best KZN riders acting as coaches. 3 groups.. beginners, intermediate and advanced. The coaches will give you tips and show you techniques on how to ride and tackle the obstacles. Skills will take place on the actual race route so you can put the skills to the test :)

- Skills to be followed by a free-ride/un-official practice session as all race routes will be open. Please note that you may only practice the routes if you have been part of the skills clinic

- Its a long weekend so possible get-together on Saturday night... venue/time to be confirmed. Cheap beer/pizza, beer/burger or beer/wors roll option for those who would like to carbo-load for the race the next day

- Race day 24 Sept : option of either Enduro full (5 Stages) or Enduro Lite (3 Stages). Both categories have podium positions. Inter-schools option will also be included (riders will still be eligible for individual participation)

- 3 new/revised Stages. Combo-entries at a reduced price for skills/full Enduro or skills/Enduro Lite

Go to Event Page

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keen to enter. Where do we enter? Will be my first enduro, what protective gear is required, as I only have a helmet at the moment?

Will the enduro light have the same 3 stages as the enduro full (barring the extra 2)? Trying decide which one I want to do.

Keen to enter. Where do we enter? Will be my first enduro, what protective gear is required, as I only have a helmet at the moment?

Will the enduro light have the same 3 stages as the enduro full (barring the extra 2)? Trying decide which one I want to do.

Entries opening soon on ROAG.

You don't have to have any extra gear. The enduro light is aimed as an intro to enduro so the stages aren't too hectic. It's more to show guys what the sport is about and how cool it can be. The full enduro has some knarly bits that might warrant some knee pads if you get it wrong.

First 3 stages pretty much the same EXCEPT there will be bull runs for the guys doing the full and wanting to ride the hectic stuff.

Hi Griffin, I'm assuming that's 23-24 September not November. Or is there another one in November?

23-24 September.

Entries opening soon on ROAG. You don't have to have any extra gear. The enduro light is aimed as an intro to enduro so the stages aren't too hectic. It's more to show guys what the sport is about and how cool it can be. The full enduro has some knarly bits that might warrant some knee pads if you get it wrong. First 3 stages pretty much the same EXCEPT there will be bull runs for the guys doing the full and wanting to ride the hectic stuff.

Orbit is 100 % correct :)

Orbit is 100 % correct :)

Entries opening soon on ROAG. You don't have to have any extra gear. The enduro light is aimed as an intro to enduro so the stages aren't too hectic. It's more to show guys what the sport is about and how cool it can be. The full enduro has some knarly bits that might warrant some knee pads if you get it wrong. First 3 stages pretty much the same EXCEPT there will be bull runs for the guys doing the full and wanting to ride the hectic stuff.

Thanks Orbit and Griffin.

Think I am going to enter the full as I know I am going to enjoy it, I was just worried I would hold people up behind me. But I will just move over for faster riders.

Im keen on the skills clinic the day before, will that also be on ROAG?

Will be good to use the skills the next day as this will be my first enduro, so will try out the lite version.

Any idea when this will be on ROAG?

Think I am going to enter the full as I know I am going to enjoy it, I was just worried I would hold people up behind me. But I will just move over for faster riders.

Last year was also my first, a real eye opener! Found that the fast guys tend to have really loud hubs, but hell they are fast ????

Self seeding... if in doubt rather hang back and go later

If there are faster guys who would prefer to be be last just let them know to give a decent gap :)

Im keen on the skills clinic the day before, will that also be on ROAG?

Will be good to use the skills the next day as this will be my first enduro, so will try out the lite version.

Any idea when this will be on ROAG?

Yup... there will be various options on ROAG :

- Skillls only

- Enduro full only

- Enduro lite only

- Combo Skills + Lite

- Combo Skills + full

Entries should open within the next few days. Will post as soon as they do.

Edited by Griffin

Last year was also my first, a real eye opener! Found that the fast guys tend to have really loud hubs, but hell they are fast

lmao ... thats called motivation to go faster !

Join us at the Pyga Showroom @Yard41 on Saturday 23 Sept, after the skills clinic & free-ride/practice session, for a few Lions River Brewery Craft Beers and a borrie roll. Showers available too.

Who can come : all riders and their fan club ;)

Cost : Zero, Zilch, Nada, Gratis.

ETA : from 430pm-ish till about 8pm-ish

post-7405-0-19635100-1501678430_thumb.png

post-7405-0-41703000-1501678641.jpg

http://yard41.co.za/

Edited by Griffin

Join us at the Pyga Showroom @Yard41 on Saturday 23 Sept, after the skills clinic & free-ride/practice session, for a few Lions River Brewery Craft Beers and a borrie roll. Showers available too.

Who can come : all riders and their fan club ;)

Cost : Zero, Zilch, Nada, Gratis.

ETA : from 430pm-ish till about 8pm-ish

PYGA.png

lions river beer.jpg

http://yard41.co.za/

We'll definitely be there!! Stoked for our trip from the 051 to come experience the Howick Enduro