[Event] STBB4GOOD MTB Challenge

jaandewaal

Event Name: STBB4GOOD MTB Challenge
When: 21 October 2017
Where: Overgaauw Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

This year’s STBB4GOOD MTB Challenge and Family Day will be taking place on Saturday 21 October 2017at Overgaauw Wine Estate in Stellenbosch over the Bottelary Hills MTB Trails and Conservancy. The aim of this event is to raise funds for the Miles for Smiles Foundation.

The MTB race has become known as one of the “must-do” events on the MTB calendar. Our routes are enjoyable, challenging and well marked, our marshals are on the ball, we have the top class water tables in the industry, and we are told that ours is one of the best organised MTB races in South Africa. Unbelievable prizes from our generous sponsors, and loads of prizes to be won.

After the race, chill out in Bedouin tents, eat, relax and take in the view. Enjoy the food market, artisan beers and wine tasting, plus a jumping castle and arts and crafts for the kids.

Distances: 60km | 45km | 30km | 12km | 5km

Entries available via Racetec: CLICK HERE TO ENTER

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Will route info be available soon? I find nothing on the webpage. The route will determine the distance I enter for.

Wish they could do this on a different weekend. I'm not that fit to do this and the One Tonner the next day.

So glad I'm not an event organizer. Imagine getting a date that works for everyone [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same weekend as Hills Challenge in Montagu... 

It's always a pity when sporting event dates clash as we want to support and respect all other events.  However, with mountain biking being such a popular sport, there are so many events and we can assure you that when we chose our event's date at the beginning of this calendar year, there were no other mountain biking events on that date.

Of course we think you should come and do our event!  But let us tell you why:

·         Our event is consistently described by participants as "the best organized event on the MTB calendar".  Not our words, but we thought we'd mention it ;)

·         Our routes are absolutely unique in that they are hosted on the Bottelary Renosterveld Conservancy and created by expert trail gurus, Bottelary MTB.  These routes traverse 22 wine farms and offer you breathtaking views across the mountains of Stellenbosch and Cape Town and the sea at Table Bay and False Bay. There is also ample single track to enjoy while you make your way over these 22 wine farms.

·         After the event there is a market with delicious food stalls, craft beer, wine tasting, huge Bedoin tents to relax under, and even entertainment for the kids.

·         All proceeds go to Miles for Smiles who raises funds for Operation Smile to perform life-changing surgery on children born with cleft lips and palates, enabling them to breathe, eat, speak and SMILE normally for the first time!

For more info and an entry link, go to https://www.stbb.co.za/stbb-mtb-2017

We REALLY hope to see you there!

• 4 weeks later...

LATE ENTRIES:

Please note… online entries have closed. HOWEVER, we still have some entries available. Please note a late entry fee will be applicable.

Entries  can be bought from RaceTec’s station at the following registration venues as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 18th October 2017
Venue: STBB, 8th Floor, 5 St. Georges Mall, Cape Town (FREE parking after 16h30 for those coming to register or enter)

Time: 10h00 - 20h00

AND IF WE HAVE NOT SOLD OUT, THEN:

Date: Thursday, 19th October 2017
Venue: Sportsman’s Warehouse, Somerset Value Mart, Remainder Street, Somerset West
Time: 11h00 – 18h00