Paarden Island Cycling lane, safe or not?

Thornman

Good day all, 

Just want to find out if the cycling lane between Paarden Island and Town is safe to ride in the morning (06:30) on your own? 

I started commuting to work with the bike from Durbanville into Town. I use the lane from Woodbridge Island all the way to Paarden Island, but from there it seem to be a bit dodge.

At the moment I hop onto the N1 from Paarden Island into Town. 

Thanks

John from "This Way Out" Cape Town commutes through on a daily basis from Durbanville and when I chatted to him, said he'd not had problems. Tiekiedraai road has been a bit more of a security concern of late.

I ride later in the morning and carry pepper spray (in my hand) and am extra vigilant if pedestrians are walking towards me (although greet all - never know when you may need some allies!)

Had no problems so far.Still dark that time so switch front light off.If you feel unsafe hop onto the buslane,especially under the 2 bridges.Or slow down and wait for other riders

Archived