FREE coaching at Hector Norris Park each Wednesday

Gary Rabie

Martin van Wyk (SA Elite track champion and National Track Team rider) will be at Hector Norris Park every Wednesday from 16h00 to help riders with track training. He will set you up on a track bike and then there will be a full training session introducing you to how to train on the track for sprints and endurance events. He will also give input on different races, how to ride them and what to expect in various races.

Please use this opportunity to make use of Martin's experience. THERE IS NO COST. I guarantee your riding will only improve. All you need do is sign an indmenity form.

This is the same as getting personal coaching from a road pro on the road, but then again pigs will fly before one of them do something like this on their own initiative.

It is open to any rider who is interested in track, whether it is your 1st time or your 1000th time on the track, Martin will be there to help you.

Please bring your road bike, and/or pedals as well as your saddle height as measured on you road bike form the centre of your BB to the top of your saddle, so Martin can set up a track bike for you.

Sounds like a great idea!

I am definitely keen, track riding is a great way to keep things ticking over during winter!

do you rent a track bike, or have to bring your own. It says bring your road bike, can these be used on the track? Forgive me, newby interested rider... Rude2008-05-26 10:30:14

There is a few track bikes available for use by the newbies. Martin is very helpful.