Beware of this scammer

ThePayne

Hi hubbers.

I recently posted that I need a rockshox pike. A guy called "Andre Venter" contacted me.

I always arange the courier myself, that way I know that the product will get picked up etc.

So the guy tells me I must quickly send my address as he will drop the shock at courier guy in Kroonstad.

I didn't think anything of it, made the payment via EFT even though he requested an instand money transfer to his mobile number.

I tried phoning him after I made the payment, sent numerous sms and whatsapps but the phone is off.

He made it seem as any normal deal, building trust and then disappearing.

The number is 076 958 1348

Because he contacted me, I do not know his bikehub name.

Please be aware of this! Never pay anything with instant money transfers. I might be able to reverse the transfer thanks to Standard bank being helpful.

That sucks big time!

With all the RICA of sim-card and stuff going around can't he be traced via the number?

Or is it a schlep to do?

Just ran the number through Truecaller came up as André Venter...

not exactly helpful. maybe a stolen number.

hope you come right!

If you made the transfer via EFT then the receiving bank should have his details. If the bank do not then they have committed an offence or the person has opened up an account fraudulently with them. 

If I'm not mistaken there was another hubber that bought a shock not to long ago, made an EFT and never received it, could be the same scammer.

Hi hubbers.

I recently posted that I need a rockshox pike. A guy called "Andre Venter" contacted me.

I always arange the courier myself, that way I know that the product will get picked up etc.

So the guy tells me I must quickly send my address as he will drop the shock at courier guy in Kroonstad.

I didn't think anything of it, made the payment via EFT even though he requested an instand money transfer to his mobile number.

I tried phoning him after I made the payment, sent numerous sms and whatsapps but the phone is off.

He made it seem as any normal deal, building trust and then disappearing.

The number is 076 958 1348

Because he contacted me, I do not know his bikehub name.

Please be aware of this! Never pay anything with instant money transfers. I might be able to reverse the transfer thanks to Standard bank being helpful.

I know hindsight is so obviously simple, but there are so many red flags here the way you describe it.

I know hindsight is so obviously simple, but there are so many red flags here the way you describe it.

Yes the guy sounded so trustworthy on the phone calls. As soon as you let your guard down they take advantage hey.

it was R7500

Holding my thumbs that Standard bank can help you to reverse the payment as you mentioned in your opening post.

Archived