[Event] Land Rover Magoebaskloof MTB Classic

Steve101

Event Name: Land Rover Magoebaskloof MTB Classic
When: 4 November 2017
Where: Stanford Lake College, Limpopo
Category: MTB

Now in its 19th year, the Land Rover Magoebaskloof MTB Classic has become the stuff of South African mountain biking legend.

80km, 40km and 20km distances. Plenty of single track, jeep track and forest roads. Be ready for some big climbs! The 2017 20km has been completely revamped to make the race more accessible to beginners and social riders.

Go to Event Page

2017 poster.pdf

hubevents-59461-0-28419500-1508837473_thumb.png

I'm just so damn unfit...!

I have come to the conclusion you can never be fit enough for those Magoebaskloof mountains and forests :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I have come to the conclusion you can never be fit enough for those Magoebaskloof mountains and forests :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I have done the classic many years ago and it was great.Some years later we did a race that went out from Haenertsberg village towards the Wolkberg

Now that one taxed my sense of humour

Going to do this race for the first time, will do the 40 this year if I survive I will do the 80 next year  :ph34r:

Going to do this race for the first time, will do the 40 this year if I survive I will do the 80 next year  :ph34r:

You will enjoy it, the 40k is a challenging but great route, we are also doing the 40k, what bike you on, we will look out for you?

You will enjoy it, the 40k is a challenging but great route, we are also doing the 40k, what bike you on, we will look out for you?

Awesome, thank you - I am looking forward to the challenge!!!

I am on a black and blue Specialized Camber and my friend will be on a black and orange Scott Spark

And yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, thank you - I am looking forward to the challenge!!!

I am on a black and blue Specialized Camber and my friend will be on a black and orange Scott Spark

And yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on a white and black Cannondale Flash and my buddy is on a Matt Black Cannondale Scalpel.  We will look out for you, always good to meet up with guys from the Hub. Its a lekker ride, you will enjoy it.

I am on a white and black Cannondale Flash and my buddy is on a Matt Black Cannondale Scalpel.  We will look out for you, always good to meet up with guys from the Hub. Its a lekker ride, you will enjoy it.

Thanks  :thumbup:

Great to see some hubbers going. Will be doing the 80. The last race of the season for Limpopo colours. Did the Mooketsi this past weekend and it was tough. Will need to take it easy and just try and finish this one. Some big climbs in Magoebaskloof. Will be on a Momsen AL329 grey in PPCC colours (red).

I’ll see you all there!

Will be good to see you again Nick.

Hey Ray - good to hear from you again.

You have been flying under the radar here for a while :)

Do you still have your Santa Cruz?

Hope your neck has healed up all well :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Been off the Hub for a while but been on my bike quite a bit.

Still in love with my Santa Cruz, just gave her an eagle facelift!

Are you coming all the way to ride the 40? Come join us on the long one and get your moneys worth!

Either way I’ll buy you a beer afterward ????????

Glad to see you still a Sram boy - also upgraded my Flash to Eagle :clap:  :clap:

I am riding the 40km with my boss - they say that MTB is the new golf, so instead of playing golf with the boss I am riding MTB with him - better let him beat me. :thumbup:

Plus I suppose 40km at Magoebaskloof is like 80km anywhere else :ph34r:

If I am only doing 40km do I get half a beer then   :)

Edited by nickc