Rear shock pump defective?

marius1341

Hi guys - please help .... i am a novice mtbiker...when i inflate the rear shock om my trek superfly 100 ( ito guideline)and i disconnect the pump the shock deflates completely ..,, when i reconnect the shock it shows zero pressure... i bought the bike off the floor at bikeshop 3 months ago ( as new) ... is that indicative of a faulty pump??

It sounds like a faulty air valve. It should still be under guarantee, so get it to the shop you bought it from to replace the air valve / valve core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thx Howard..., yes i have just rechecked and i actually think it may the shock thats defective.. when i connect the front shock it shows 100psi and disconnecting and reconnecting stay more or less the same... however on rear shock once i unscrew the valve its shows zero and despite inflating it , upon unscrewing the valve again it deflates completely to zero pressure

It might just be the inner core.. just go to any tyre shop.. they will glafly give you one. Also get a valve tool to get it fitted..if that doesnt fix your problem take the bike back...

Archived