Can a 2x11 with shimano M7000 11-46 casette and RD M7000 SG (short cage) work?

Martman

Can a 2x11 with shimano M7000 11-46 casette and RD M7000 SG (short cage) work?

I know the spec indicates 42 max for 2x11, but is somebody maybe using a 46 on a 2 x 11?

Why would you want to use an 11-46 with a 2x11 setup? You should have more than enough to climb with a 2x11 cause the chainring usually goes down to a 22 or 24 tooth!

It is designed for 1x11...

I remember seeing an overseas site earlier in the year doing a test with the 11-46 cassette and they mentioned that they got away with the medium cage BUT this was a 1x11 setup. The limit is 42 on 2x11 setups!

Why would you want to use an 11-46 with a 2x11 setup? You should have more than enough to climb with a 2x11 cause the chainring usually goes down to a 22 or 24 tooth!

It is designed for 1x11...

I have 36-26 in front. What is the biggest and smallest combination I can go in front?

I have 36-26 in front. What is the biggest and smallest combination I can go in front?

22x36 front and 11-36 back

The problem is the 38 in front and 46 at the back will stretch the chain to far and pull your derail-er off .I changed from 2 x 11 to 1 x 11  with a 34 x 11/46  .Shimano 2 x 11 works really well .Any wider range is a waste 

As per the other thread you have going, what are you wanting to achieve?

The more information you supply the more accurate the feedback!

Hmm - I'm running a 38-28 on the front with e-thirteen's 9-46 on the back with an XT long cage derailleur.

I don't use the small ring much, and cross chain the k@k out of my drivetrain, but I've never had any issues.

Archived