Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

Lord alone knows what the time cut off is going to be today. Guess that peaking in the final week thing is actually a thing then. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reichenbach is now trying to get the two passengers to work but they're under orders to wait for the final climb. Pozzovivo is at 6'15 and he's down in 5th on virtual GC.

Bennett is shouting at Pozzovivo for not riding but the Italian is shot. He has nothing left as he just stares ahead. If Pozzovivo could work he would.

I know we have another mountain stage tomorrow, and it could well be just as important but today's antics have still be huge. Yates cracked early on the Finestre and lost around 20 minutes at the last check. Froome is the virtual leader on the road and only Dumoulin stands in his way right now. This last climb of the stage has so much importance attached to it. 19km to go and Froome has 3'06.

Never really liked Froome that much, respected him for his achievements but this ride is one for the books. Love this. Imagine how much fun Le Tour would have been in the last few years if Froome had been on the back foot in a few of those. 

I think we can all thank Yates for the way this GC has turned out. Aggression has been mal and its nice to see even Froome going all out and not being helped solely by his skyborgs.

Great effort - what a gentleman

Never really liked Froome that much, respected him for his achievements but this ride is one for the books. Love this. Imagine how much fun Le Tour would have been in the last few years if Froome had been on the back foot in a few of those. 

If Froome takes the pink today he should thank Riechenbach's jersey a little as that thing flapping about is going to slow that chase a bit #NotMarginal

Heading towards the final climb and the gap is holding at 3'08. One would assume that Dumoulin has saved something for the final climb but Froome is still pressing on, and he still looks relatively fresh as we see Dumoulin look to limit his loses before we start climbing.

Take my hat off to Froome with his never say it's over attitude...much respect

and they thought he'd go home and get ready for TdF...

O'connor abandoned... that's a kick in the nuts. poor guy deserved more

Agh, shame man. That is terrible for him. He was on a great result for his first GT after today.

Into the final 14 and the road begins to climb. This is a super-tough climb and the steepest sections are near the start with 14 per cent gradients. Froome is still in the saddle and he's found even more time with the gap at 3'15. Dumoulin looks slightly resigned to his fate at the moment but there's still a long way to go. If Froome runs into trouble then the gap could come down rapidly.

A penny for Dumoulin's thoughts when Frooome attacked with 80km still to go in the stage. Right now it's the Team Sky rider who is in control with 12km to go, with the gap out to 3'20.

Archived