Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

The gap between Dumoulin is at 2'40 with Pozzovivo at 5'18. Froome leans over the bars once more in a TT style tuck. He has 36km to go between now and the finish as we see he finds another three seconds on Dumoulin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how the daily backstage pass video is going to go tonight on the Orica Youtube channel. 

O'Connor takes a tumble on the descent. Was walking back to his bike, so he's fine. Not sure if his bike is

Dumoulin gets on the radio again but he's well aware that only Pinot will help with the chase with Carapaz and Lopez unwilling to help.

Dumoulin then ups the pace with the gap now at 2'57. For now it looks like the fight has gone out of this group but the final climb will be the decider. Have Dumoulin and Pinot held anything in reserve? Can Froome finish off the job? The stage is certainly his but he has is eyes set on the maglia rosa.

Henao has made it up to the Poels/Pozzovivo group. It's not important at the moment but that could help decide the team prize later in the race.

holy shitballs

I've been struggling for words the last half hour...

holy shitballs work well.

Amazing stuff

Pinot is still trying to get assistance from Carapaz and Lopez but it's wasted energy at this point because they're locked in a battle for the white jersey and they know that Pozzovivo - another GC rival - is over two minutes down. In the virtual GC Froome has three seconds on Dumoulin but this is too close to call. Froome has been out there for over 40km and two climbs. He has the final ascent to come and Dumoulin hasn't been in the wind for nearly as long.

Reichenbach has made it back after being dropped. He needs to pull out a big ride now as we head towards the final climb as the gap levels out at 2'56.

Archived