ELEMNT wahoo

sam 777

Kudos to having it replaced in what seemed like a seamless process

Not to shoot the unit down but over the last 3 years I've probably sold on average 15 garmin units p.a with not one comeback.

I know 3 guys all with elements and all 3 had issues.

They just kept freezing on the start up page even the force reset doesnt help

Another other also had display issues where the display became discoloured and looked like rainbow colours appears which darkened the display once you press onto it.

Had an issue with the display polarizing in the corners

Customer service swapped for a complete new unit without a fuss. ????????

Had issues with another brand in the past and couldn't pass their stonewall customer service.

Kudos to having it replaced in what seemed like a seamless process

Not to shoot the unit down but over the last 3 years I've probably sold on average 15 garmin units p.a with not one comeback.

I know 3 guys all with elements and all 3 had issues.

They just kept freezing on the start up page even the force reset doesnt help

Another other also had display issues where the display became discoloured and looked like rainbow colours appears which darkened the display once you press onto it.

Thanks for the feedback Malpiet, 

When it comes to tech you will always have a percentage of issues. As a distributor it is not if you get product returns, but when. The key is to identify these issues (sometimes, like the discolouration issue it is simply a production batch. We could swiftly recall all stock) 

Once identified customer support is the most important. 

Regarding the Gamin not having issues. You can find threads where:

- People are unhappy with their heart rate data

- Navigation issues

- Touch Screen problems

- Battery life issues

The list goes on. Not saying anything bad about Garmin, just highlighting that tech regardless of brands require support from the distributor. We are lucky that Wahoo has a less than 2% return rate on computers, something we do quarterly reports on. 

Regarding the unit freezing. Usually it requires a software update or can be fixed by simply giving our tech support team a call or shooting a mail off to support@wahoofitness.co.za

We're passionate about helping Wahooligans get on the road with the best tech solutions. 

Have sold and used Wahoo for 2.5 years now, with negligible returns. Had a problem with my personal hrm and the service was amazing. Turned out to be a user problem