Vipa vs Epic

Crazy88

Ended up going for the Vipa. This is my first dual sus, price was good with extras thrown in and condition good too so turned out to be a good deal. Thanks for all the replies :thumbup:

new Vipa being launched in a few days ('ultra' or something).

Would love to have bought new but budget doesn't allow for now

Hi There,

Looking for an opinion from the experts :D

Thoughts on a used Specialized Epic Comp Carbon 29 BM 943 (2015) VS a Momsen Vipa One (2017) - Both Small Frame and with original set up, except the Vipa has a set of Maxxis Ikon's instead of the original Vee Tire Co. Rail Trackers.

Thanks

Had a Vipa (2015) and it was amazing! It was my second Momsen.... both great bikes but it's a struggle to sell when trying to upgrade... People tend to look at Spez, Scott, Giant....  The big names seems to retain it's value better in the second hand market. Have an Epic now LOL

Granted I have not ridden an Epic, but I had a Momsen Vipa (carbon) for the month of December. Absolutely loved how it hooked up on the trails, and ended up buying one there and then. 

Had a Vipa (2015) and it was amazing! It was my second Momsen.... both great bikes but it's a struggle to sell when trying to upgrade... People tend to look at Spez, Scott, Giant....  The big names seems to retain it's value better in the second hand market. Have an Epic now LOL

Glad to read that you've had good experiences with Momsen. I've been looking for a 2nd hand dual sus for a while now and just wasn't able to find a 'big name' in a small frame at a good price, in good condition. Enjoy the Epic ^_^

Granted I have not ridden an Epic, but I had a Momsen Vipa (carbon) for the month of December. Absolutely loved how it hooked up on the trails, and ended up buying one there and then. 

Makes me happy that I made the decision to snap this one up :)

Archived