Upfront bike selection on Garmin Fenix 3

Bitsy

Hello all,

I have a Garmin Fenix 3 HR that I use for both road an MTB formats.

Is there a possibility that I can select the Bike/format upfront when I start the activity as opposed to editing the activity on the Garmin app after saving.

The primary reason for this is that:

1. I forget to edit the activity and change the gear to the respective bike used.

2. Strava always beats me in the activity syncing and pulls through the incorrect bike/format....btw this is my biggest gripe :(

I was able to change the display name on the Garmin activity, but this is just superficial and even with more than one display name, it logs the activity under the generic "bike" profile.

Kind regards

My Forerunner 935 has a built in "Bike" and "MTB" option so it uploads the right ride type. Unfortunately you can't set a different default bike per profile so you always have to change that manually in both Garmin Connect and Strava.

i would have thought that garmin would have thought about this...Im sure many ppl have this issue. After all, it could apply to all sport types that may have more than 1 format.. eg trail running vs road running.

btw...will i have the same issue if i purchase a 520 and try to use it on two bikes (road and Mtb)? ie it will record under one "bike" profile, or will I be able to specify upfront the format/bike ?

i would have thought that garmin would have thought about this...Im sure many ppl have this issue. After all, it could apply to all sport types that may have more than 1 format.. eg trail running vs road running.

btw...will i have the same issue if i purchase a 520 and try to use it on two bikes (road and Mtb)? ie it will record under one "bike" profile, or will I be able to specify upfront the format/bike ?

On my garmin 500 I have to manually change the bike MTB/Road

It's a Garmin issue not a specific device issue. It happens across both my Forerunner 935 and my Edge 820.

Hello all,

I have a Garmin Fenix 3 HR that I use for both road an MTB formats.

Is there a possibility that I can select the Bike/format upfront when I start the activity as opposed to editing the activity on the Garmin app after saving.

The primary reason for this is that:

1. I forget to edit the activity and change the gear to the respective bike used.

2. Strava always beats me in the activity syncing and pulls through the incorrect bike/format....btw this is my biggest gripe :(

I was able to change the display name on the Garmin activity, but this is just superficial and even with more than one display name, it logs the activity under the generic "bike" profile.

Kind regards

I haven't tried it but can't you add a separate bike to the front page? The one where you choose run/ski/jump/bike/run etc?

I haven't tried it but can't you add a separate bike to the front page? The one where you choose run/ski/jump/bike/run etc?

You can add different types of cycling (e.g. road, mtb etc.) but you can only select 1 default bike for "cycling" activities and not for each of the sub-types.

Archived