[Event] Namaqua Quest 3 Day MTB Stage Race

Eveza

Event Name: Namaqua Quest 3 Day MTB Stage Race
When: 31 August 2018
Where: Jakkalswater Guest farm, Northern Cape
Category: MTB

Ride flower covered valleys, rugged mountains, ancient canyons carved by the hands of time and plains with grazing gemsbok, zebra and springbok.

Experience natures' magical show of colour and beauty during the world's largest and most spectacular natural flower display.

RIDE NAMAQUALAND!

When: 31 August – 2 September 2018

Where: Springbok, Namaqualand

Race Village: Jakkalswater Guest Farm (between Springbok and Nababeep), Namaqualand, Northern Cape

What: South Africa’s most colourful 3 day MTB stage race

Format: Solo

Entries: Limited to 200 cyclist

STAGE INFORMATION

Day 1: Schaap River

FULL: 68km (start is at 07:30am)

LITE: 39km (start is at 07:40am)

Day 2: Goegap

FULL: 55km (start is at 07:30am)

LITE: 35km (start is at 07:40am)

Day 3: Old Copper Rail

FULL: 51km (start is at 08:00am)

LITE: 20km

The routes for each day have been designed so that they offer riders great trails, spectacular scenery and beautiful flowers.

As with any good mountain bike trail, there will be a mix of everything… tough climbs, fast downhills, a few technical sections, sand and loads of free-flowing sections for pure riding bliss!

FULL EVENT INFORMATION AND ONLINE ENTRIES

Go to Event Page

I entered last year and had to bail because of busted femoral neck ... had to forfeit my entry fee and meal package fee paid ... Got some fomo now ....

• 5 months later...

We have just got back from the 2018 race. We also did the 2017 one and I feel compelled to comment,in that last year they had a great MC, lots of Ra-Ra at the finish and seemingly 40 - 50 more entries plus their families.

Other than the race, the off-the-bike side was rather much of a damp  squibb. The flowers this year were better than 2017 but not sure we will do the 1200km journey again.....

It was just on the whole smaller and "quieter" - we finished in a respectable time each day but especially on day 3 there was nobody to welcome us at the finish other than the medal person...

love2fly I did the event in 2017 and also enjoyed it. Wanted to do it again one day. Hopefully just a misfire this year!?

We heard she has sold the event to another organiser so hopefully they will stoke the fire. Its a lekker ride. Day 3 was only 7 degrees and rain and wind but enjoyed it thouroughly@ ????