*A bike light for UNDER R1000!!

Speedi

Azonic the bush that you guys did not light up in the front don't worry about it being at the back of the pack I took it upon my self not to miss anything so I set it alight didnt you notice. Probably not you going to fast cause you can see the whole of the valley with your Rev 3. 

Yep, I did notice some smoldering (that a word?) shrubs around the furthest part of the course!

But it was just wrong of BL to come right with 2x Rev 4's... LOL

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... Speedi15 apologized a few pages ago and I accepted it...

Now we can talk more lights!

I had two Revelation-4's on the bar Thursday cause I wasn't gonna race, just wanted to have a nice ride and show the lights... but on my way to PE my plan changed... I wanted revenge for the previous week...

1st Three riders = Brighter-Lights systems...

BTW... don't try to work out their timing logic... they have very low IQ's....

I humbly appologize for my 12:45 3rd lap. I spend a fair share of it watching my knee go purple Ouch

Julle is almal welkom... dis nou 8:47 en ek vrek van die koue en ek sit hier met 'n light en motion HID wat afgenem moet word maar die maan is nog uit. So ek besluit of ek na middernag eers gaan ry of 4:00 more oggend... dis net so koud... en die stuk woud is 25km op die fiets in die berg in... :(... rowwe nag wat voorle...

Speedi15, Two Revelation-4's are 8 LED's at 1000mA each.... Just short of 2000 lumens. I've driven them at 1200mA to achieve over 1000 lumens per light but past 1000mA, more heat is generated than extra light, so not worth it.

The 2 lights in parrallel on the 300g Lipo pulled 3 Amps! Not much by Lipo standards, but nice to be able to run almost 2000 lumens for over an hour on a 300g battery!

I just weighed the light and motion HID Ultra - 670g with helmet mount and li-ion pack. Revelation-3 is 710g, but much brighter and longer burning... pic's later...

Marius... here a few photos so long... it is raining so I took them off the stoep...  

At 20m :

Light and Motion Li-ion Ultra ARC HID : 15 LUX

Revelation-4                                       : 65 LUX

Revelation-3 spot beam                     : 46 LUX

Revelation-3 medium beam                : 27 LUX

Revelation-3 wide beam                     : 12 LUX 

Revelation-3 with Seoul Z-Power LED : 15 LUX

Photo #1 : Brighter-Lights.com Revelation-3 spot beam vs Light and Motion ARC HID

20080611_155638_spot.jpg

Photo#2 : Revelation-3 medium beam vs L&M ARC HID

20080611_155917_medium.jpg

Photo #3 : Revelation-3 wide beam vs L&M ARC HID

20080611_160037_wide.jpg

good stuff BLThumbs%20Up

What's your view on riding Spot vs wide beams in general?

From these beamshots the Wide and Medium look brighter, but I'm sure if you moved the fence back we'd see the spot's penetration?

I think the spot lenses I use most closely resemble the beam pattern of the Light and motion HID.

The revelation-3 comes standard with the medium lens.

The spot lens gives you an advantage on open roads with good light at up to 70/80m far... it still gives good spill on the sides, but narrower than the medium lens.

The medium lens is pretty much like a car's headlights... fills a 4 lane road at 40 to 50m. Very good in the bush as it lights up the tree canopy, + the trail... Best all round lens I have.

The wide lens gives very smooth light but only penetrates to about 40m...(still excellent) I recommend this lens to riders doing singletrack and forest riding mostly.

Both light's hotspots were aimed at the white reflector at 40m...

20080611_163037_Untitled-2.jpg

BL, when are you going international with your lights. Whish i can see the expressions on Light & Motion faces when they see your pics.

I wish I had more of the top lights to compare... I've only seen 'n nightlighting at 24hrs of Wiesenhof before, but I'm really after a Betty and a Wilma... Cause by now everybody knows the difference between XR-E's and Seoul Z-Powers...

Well, this is why you can charge what you do. Because you've done the research and do tests, alot of tests. People forget that R&D takes time and money. When they asked Edison how does it feel to have failed 100 times trying to come up with a light bulb, he said he did not fail 100 times, he's only now knows 100 ways of how not to make one.

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap to BL, you deserve to play with the big boys.

Mampara2008-06-12 02:41:08

QUOTE=Brighter-Lights]Marius... here a few photos so long... it is raining so I took them off the stoep...  

B-L, I'm ALMOST sold on the lights, I'd jus tlike to do my own test. Please explain how I must take the pictures, I have a digital Camera. Can I just mount it on a Tripot and click? The sutter might be open for a few secs, does it matter, of do I have to switch to manual mode and punch in the settings?

I agree, those lights are the bassets danglers !!!  Thumbs%20Up Makes me wish I was still doing AR Unhappy