What is happening on the Pro MTB scene??

Irvin85

Is it just me or are we seeing less and less pro MTB teams these days?

I noticed during this years Joberg2c there was only one Pro team with two part time pro teams competing for glory. 

At the moment I only think Pyga and NAD can be classified as pro teams. 

If you look up dormakaba (they pretty much cleaned up the teams comps), they are a pro team 

they might not yet have the big names...

Otherwise, I am mistaken

IMO, when there are athletes that behave professionally then there may be some sponsors that will put in money and let them become "Pro's"....I have seen some pretty shocking behaviour from individuals that if I were a potential sponsor (or current sponsor) I would not put my money in...

I am not talking about being a hooligan and the like - I am talking about an athlete that gets sponsored let's say a pair of glasses from brand X and within a week or two they are seen on social media wearing brand Y sunnies...

IMO, when there are athletes that behave professionally then there may be some sponsors that will put in money and let them become "Pro's"....I have seen some pretty shocking behaviour from individuals that if I were a potential sponsor (or current sponsor) I would not put my money in...

I am not talking about being a hooligan and the like - I am talking about an athlete that gets sponsored let's say a pair of glasses from brand X and within a week or two they are seen on social media wearing brand Y sunnies...

Please do share