Sani2C Commuting Challenge 2018

cat-i

Well done to those that completed it. It looks like you disappear off the leaderboard on Endomondo once you've completed it? Or am I missing something?

I had a bit of FOMO this week. Such a pity that commuting isn't possible for me anymore :(

Hi Nancy, we changed the format to look like 'most kms' even if it was 'reach there first' - that way everyone else can also upload their rides. So it shouldn't disappear?

I missed you a lot this week - it's a bit easier getting up if someone is waiting.

At least Mr Cat-i commuted with me this morning. We went in the Spruit all the way to William Nicol - a beautiful finish for the challenge. This afternoon will be shortest possible route.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like you might need some Biscotti (as pictured in cat-i's profile pic) to go with that coffee..

PM me your closest PostNet and details for delivery (like real name & cellphone number :))

You may want to take Nancy up on that, Samson!

I've tasted her Biscotti (and various other baked goodies) and it certainly is a worthy trophy for something as 'deceptively difficult' (Imploder's words) as this one. 

You may want to take Nancy up on that, Samson!

I've tasted her Biscotti (and various other baked goodies) and it certainly is a worthy trophy for something as 'deceptively difficult' (Imploder's words) as this one. 

Hi Nancy, my Mother-in-law is departing from SA to visit us on Monday .... #JustSaying  :whistling:

Hi Nancy, my Mother-in-law is departing from SA to visit us on Monday .... #JustSaying  :whistling:

I reckon if you going to make one batch, then you might as well make three or four right?

Hi Nancy, we changed the format to look like 'most kms' even if it was 'reach there first' - that way everyone else can also upload their rides. So it shouldn't disappear?

I missed you a lot this week - it's a bit easier getting up if someone is waiting.

At least Mr Cat-i commuted with me this morning. We went in the Spruit all the way to William Nicol - a beautiful finish for the challenge. This afternoon will be shortest possible route.

Don't mind me, I was having a senior moment. I wasn't logged in to Endomondo, so I couldn't see names and I know that I can usually see your name  :rolleyes:

:D  :D  What part of SA would she be departing from? #askingforafriend

I reckon if you going to make one batch, then you might as well make three or four right?

haha! You mean for the first 3 to complete the challenge maybe? 

Just out of curiosity, who was on the podium for this challenge? 

I think it was Samson99 in the Gold Medal Postion.

Then it was a photo finish between Bats and Cats.

Cats made an impressive bike throw at the line to edge out, a beer filled and holiday weary bats.

Imploder is accompanying the Broom wagon.... :ph34r:

Third place is still open.

Imploder got the ascent but short a bit of distance which he'll fix today or possibly tomorrow when he cycles to a parkrun.

Bateleur got the distance but will have to put in an everesting attempt today on his way home - or also find a parkrun on top of a hill somewhere tomorrow.

Silverrider is the dark horse known to upload only once every two weeks or so - so we don't know here whereabouts at the moment.

Imploder got the ascent but short a bit of distance which he'll fix today or possibly tomorrow when he cycles to a parkrun.

Bateleur got the distance but will have to put in an everesting attempt today on his way hom - or also find a parkrun on top of a hill somewhere tomorrow.

Ok, disregard my race report then. Was a poor attempt at injecting some excitement into the race. 

That said there might still be some excitement if Bats does attempt a mini everest some time between today and tomorrow... 

Bateleur got the distance but will have to put in an everesting attempt today on his way hom - or also find a parkrun on top of a hill somewhere tomorrow.

For me it is a DNF.  Won't make the climbs in the remaining time.  Had some bad luck during the week that cut a few rides short.  Will give it a go next year again.  It will always be one heck of a challange for me as I will have the handicap of a public holiday every year.  This leaves me with 4 days to do it all.  It equates to 849m climbing per day and 66 km per day.  Distance is not a challange at all but the climbing.

For me it is a DNF.  Won't make the climbs in the remaining time.  Had some bad luck during the week that cut a few rides short.  Will give it a go next year again.  It will always be one heck of a challange for me as I will have the handicap of a public holiday every year.  This leaves me with 4 days to do it all.  It equates to 849m climbing per day and 66 km per day.  Distance is not a challange at all but the climbing.

Bateleur, if i can do it in 8 commutes, so can you.  :whistling:

#TellYourFriend JHB :D

My friend says Joburg is quite a big place and you'd have to narrow it down to suburb ;-)

Bateleur got the distance but will have to put in an everesting attempt today on his way home - or also find a parkrun on top of a hill somewhere tomorrow.

Silverrider is the dark horse known to upload only once every two weeks or so - so we don't know here whereabouts at the moment.

So you'll keep us posted on 3rd place then?

as it stands currently the podium has Samson99 in first place and Cat-i on the second step?

My friend says Joburg is quite a big place and you'd have to narrow it down to suburb ;-)

Sorry I thought the question was from which Airport.  She actually lives in the North of Pretoria.

Archived