Sani2C Commuting Challenge 2018

cat-i

For me it is a DNF.  Won't make the climbs in the remaining time.  Had some bad luck during the week that cut a few rides short.  Will give it a go next year again.  It will always be one heck of a challange for me as I will have the handicap of a public holiday every year.  This leaves me with 4 days to do it all.  It equates to 849m climbing per day and 66 km per day.  Distance is not a challange at all but the climbing.

Go find a parkrun on top of a hill tomorrow! Or maybe there's a shop on top of a hill where you can go buy some bread?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go find a parkrun on top of a hill tomorrow! Or maybe there's a shop on top of a hill where you can go buy some bread?

This ^^

You might even make 3rd place, forcing my friend to locate your mom-in-law to deliver your prize ;-)

Would love to but with a 1671m of climbing still to go, time is agains me.  Sorry :(

Gotta say this challenge has been deceptively difficult. 

Deceptively difficult - that's my word for the day.

Good luck with your afternoon ride and parkrun. Will be watching the logs tonight and tomorrow.

Deceptively difficult - that's my word for the day.

Good luck with your afternoon ride and parkrun. Will be watching the logs tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks Cat-i. Enjoyed the Sunset on my last weekday Sani2C challenge ride. Hopefully I make it out tomorrow morning. 

@Bats my total climbing for the week - 4082m I can borrow you some climbing meters....

post-11356-0-13457700-1526070569_thumb.jpg

Thanks Cat-i. Enjoyed the Sunset on my last weekday Sani2C challenge ride. Hopefully I make it out tomorrow morning. 

@Bats my total climbing for the week - 4082m I can borrow you some climbing meters....

I see you completed the challenge - chongats!!!

I was 67m short of 4000 for the week after Friday ride home. Just couldn't drag myself out of bed for a parkrun this morning to get to 4000.

I see you completed the challenge - chongats!!!

I was 67m short of 4000 for the week after Friday ride home. Just couldn't drag myself out of bed for a parkrun this morning to get to 4000.

PODIUM!!!! Whoo Hoo!

Thanks Cat. This challenge is now officially AWESOME!

PODIUM!!!! Whoo Hoo!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

PODIUM!!!! Whoo Hoo!

It has been awesome from the start. Looking forward to next year  :thumbup:

Well done all.... Due to unforeseen circumstances, production of trophies came to a halt yesterday  :whistling: . Podium competitors will be contacted in due course to arrange dispatch  :)

Well done all.... Due to unforeseen circumstances, production of trophies came to a halt yesterday  :whistling: . Podium competitors will be contacted in due course to arrange dispatch  :)

I hope the unforeseen circumstances was wedding cakes and bike rides!

Missed you :(

I hope the unforeseen circumstances was wedding cakes and bike rides!

Missed you :(

Birthday cakes and sadly only a very short bike ride :/

My sincerest and humblest apologies to the top 3 that are still standing on the podium awaiting their prizes. This week has not gone according to plan. However, I hope to remedy that and have a firm date with my oven on Saturday.

Thank you for your patience!

Next year I'll make sure the prizes are ready for prize giving straight after the challenge

My sincerest and humblest apologies to the top 3 that are still standing on the podium awaiting their prizes. This week has not gone according to plan. However, I hope to remedy that and have a firm date with my oven on Saturday.

Thank you for your patience!

Next year I'll make sure the prizes are ready for prize giving straight after the challenge

From what Cat tells us it will be worth the wait!  

hmmmmm!  

Archived