Sani2C Commuting Challenge 2018

cat-i

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Nancy for baking the trophies!!!

Here she is delivering 2nd and 3rd podium trophies to the recipients this morning after a morning commute. Samson, you'll have to photoshop yourself in.

post-1066-0-87002200-1527239674_thumb.jpg

Edited by cat-i

Awesome pic.  Thanks Nancy for your commitment to the prize.  Also nice to see the faces to the Hub names.

What an awesome start to a Friday! The attention to detail on the prizes is on another level. Nancy Drew you really are a super star!

It was brilliant meeting you guys!

Oh and if there was any doubt, let me put it on record, the biscotti is delicious!!! Yum

Edited by Imploder

What an awesome start to a Friday! The attention to detail on the prizes is on another level. Nancy Drew you really are a super star!

Oh and if there was any doubt, let me put it on record, the biscotti is delicious!!! Yum

Aaah thanks Imploder!

It was a a great start to a Friday and really good to meet you too :)

The biscotti was the 'thin and crispy' version.. maybe next year I'll mix things up and make you guys the soft and chewy (thicker) version  ^_^

Of course, that means you'll have to make the podium again  :clap:

Edited by Nancy Drew

Haven't tasted mine yet - the coffee machine at the office is in for repairs. So I'll share my trophy with my support team (Mr Cat-i) this weekend.

But have to agree with Imploder: The attention to detail is on another level. Loved the Sani2C logo, the beautiful packaging, individualized names and positions, and the S2CCC slogan 'Commuting is not all downhill'

Thank you Nancy!

Haven't tasted mine yet - the coffee machine at the office is in for repairs. So I'll share my trophy with my support team (Mr Cat-i) this weekend.

But have to agree with Imploder: The attention to detail is on another level. Loved the Sani2C logo, the beautiful packaging, individualized names and positions, and the S2CCC slogan 'Commuting is not all downhill'

Thank you Nancy!

It was a pleasure! Nice to get a bit involved in the challenge, since I couldn't ride it this year..

PS definitely needs coffee for dunking. Hope you and Mr cat-i enjoy :)

Aaah thanks Imploder!

It was a a great start to a Friday and really good to meet you too :)

The biscotti was the 'thin and crispy' version.. maybe next year I'll mix things up and make you guys the soft and chewy (thicker) version  ^_^

Of course, that means you'll have to make the podium again  :clap:

I think we will have to look at how you will send one of the prices to Germany.   :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

With the stakes now so high on the Sani2C commuter challenge, and with some temarks on the BikeHub 2018 commuters challenge thread, it may be a good time to check on some definitions on what is a commute.

As a start, some ideas:

- The ride got to start from home, or end at home (or where you slept that night)

- The start and end place is not the same 

- The reason for being outside got to be something you would have taken another form of transport for and opted to rather cycle, e.g. to the office and back. What about to shops, to the beach, to the parkrun? Where do you draw the line (e.g. coffee-ride?)

- Would you have done it anyway if you had to take a car?  

Then some more Sani2C-commuting-challenge specific questions:

- The winner is the person who first finishes the ride that gets him to the total distance and ascent. Distance we can check on Endomondo. How do we check ascent?

Any other ideas/pointers?

Edit: duplication removed

Edited by cat-i

Reading the ideas above, it sound very much like doing the actual sani2c will also count.

Maybe add another point: the reason for you being out on your bike is not the bicycle. So if you didn't have a bicycle, you would have taken another form of transport. 

I needed to go to <PLACE> to <REASON> and chose to cycle instead of <OTHER_MODE_OF_TRANSPORT>.

Examples:

PASS

I needed to to WORK to EARN A LIVING and chose to cycle instead of DRIVE.

I needed to go EASTGATE to BUY SOME BREAD and chose to cycle instead of TAKE THE BUS.

I needed to go TO THE BEACH to MEET SOME FRIENDS and chose to cycle instead of DRIVE.

I needed to go HOME to BE AT HOME  :wacko:  and chose to cycle instead of UBER.

FAIL

I needed to go TO PRETORIA to LOG COMMUTING MILES and chose to cycle instead of DRIVE. 

I needed to go to MODDERFONTEIN to RIDE and chose to cycle instead of DRIVE.