Sani2C Commuting Challenge 2018

cat-i

Today every Sani2C rider (Trail, Adventure, Race, Commuting) is out there.

except maybe Bateleur, haven't seen him upload this morning - when is your public holiday?

I' just arrived at waterpoint 1 of day 3. Total ascent so far is 2901.

I was a bit broken yesterday but feeling much better today. Legs are shot!

route-day-3.jpg

Well done Cat-i. That's super strong.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have two commutes left. Managed to do the 189km and 2580m in 6 commutes so far.

Agreed, this afternoon will be the critical one. 

Awesome riding Samson!

Cat-i, how will the winner be decided? Most km or most m elevation? Or both?

Got to be both, I think?

Not the most km or ascent, but rather getting to the totals first.   

Endomondo has an option to set the challenge to 'first to a distance' but it closes the challenge after the first person reached the target so no one else could upload. Strava has an option to cycle a minimum ascent or distance, but I couldn't figure out how to create such a challenge.

Well done Cat-i. That's super strong.

Thank you. I think it's more super tenacious ... my commutes are about 15 km/h (this morning's was 13) - so it's 2 hours every morning and 2 hours every afternoon.

If I am ever going to attempt Freedom Challenge, this type of commuting (4 hours per day every weekday for 2-3 weeks) would certainly be included in my training: you'll test the lights and the backpack, you'll get used to riding with your own thoughts, and your body and mind should get used to pretty much cycling all the time. 

Today every Sani2C rider (Trail, Adventure, Race, Commuting) is out there.

except maybe Bateleur, haven't seen him upload this morning - when is your public holiday?

I' just arrived at waterpoint 1 of day 3. Total ascent so far is 2901. 

I was a bit broken yesterday but feeling much better today. Legs are shot!

route-day-3.jpg

Yip.  Ascension day and Fathersday today.

Yup - Bats is feet up, beer in hand today....

You got that right :D.  

So managed to complete the challenge in 8 commutes.

This morning was tough as i required 40km and 200m.

But ended on 262.5km and 3511m climbing. Just glad i get to drive the car home this afternoon.  :P

How did everyone else do?

Well Done Samson!!!

That's brilliant - Enjoy the Victory Coffee!!

Like I said at the start. I'll be stuck on some koppie between Sani and the sea.  :blink:

After this afternoons leisurely ride home will probably finish on:

3900m Climbing 

230 km covered. 

Gotta say this challenge has been deceptively difficult. The legs certainly are stiff and sore from all the climbing. 

Well done to all the finishers. Thanks to Cat-i for organising.

Congrats Samson!!!

Hubbie was at band practice last night so I took my time to get home, doing 36.5 with 476 ascent. So I needed 8 meters and 21 km this morning.

Had a nice ride through the Spruit this morning. Finished the challenge this morning with 262.2 km and 3710 climbing.

My hardest days were Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning - was mentally very tough to not just take the shortest way home.

Well done cat-i.  I think that will make you the official winner then as well.  I hope we do this challange next year again.  I will go hunt for some more hills to climb in the mean time.  I am glad I did this challange as I first of all discovered some new lovely routes that will not take me too much longer and second of all the little bit of extra climbing did boost my fitness in the past couple of days.

Regarding the tough days you had Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning.  I noticed when I get my commuting going again that the end of the second day and beginning of the third is always the toughest.  If I get through that then I am well on my way.

Well done cat-i.  I think that will make you the official winner then as well.  

Samson also finished this morning, and on Endomondo it looks like he finished 7:15 this morning (started at 5:30 and 1:44 ride). I only finished 7:40 - so he's the official winner. Finished first :)

Samson would you like a voucher for a Vida Coffee or a Kaui smoothie?

Edited by cat-i

Well Done Samson!!!

That's brilliant - Enjoy the Victory Coffee!!

Like I said at the start. I'll be stuck on some koppie between Sani and the sea.  :blink:

After this afternoons leisurely ride home will probably finish on:

3900m Climbing 

230 km covered. 

Gotta say this challenge has been deceptively difficult. The legs certainly are stiff and sore from all the climbing. 

Well done to all the finishers. Thanks to Cat-i for organising.

Hey Imploder you can always cycle to a parkrun tomorrow? Even if you just walk the parkrun - if you want to go all the way to the sea? Shall I extend the deadline till Saturday? Technically the 'other' Sani2C riders will also still be on the trail. 

Hey Imploder you can always cycle to a parkrun tomorrow? Even if you just walk the parkrun - if you want to go all the way to the sea? Shall I extend the deadline till Saturday? Technically the 'other' Sani2C riders will also still be on the trail. 

Thanks Cat-i, I'll do it!

Well done to those that completed it. It looks like you disappear off the leaderboard on Endomondo once you've completed it? Or am I missing something?

I had a bit of FOMO this week. Such a pity that commuting isn't possible for me anymore :(

Samson also finished this morning, and on Endomondo it looks like he finished 7:15 this morning (started at 5:30 and 1:44 ride). I only finished 7:40 - so he's the official winner. Finished first :)

Samson would you like a voucher for a Vida Coffee or a Kaui smoothie?

I feel like you might need some Biscotti (as pictured in cat-i's profile pic) to go with that coffee..

PM me your closest PostNet and details for delivery (like real name & cellphone number :))