SCOTT GENIUS 750 (2018)

Oscardw

Hello everybody,

I am still on the hunt for a new bike, and in my previous post (by the way thanks for all the responses) I asked about the Skyrim Comp, but after considering financing I pushed my budget.

So after a bit more research, I came across the SCOTT GENIUS 750 (2018), so I'd really appreciate any responses about the bike.

Thank you!

Genius Alloy SL Frame

Rock Shox 140mm Fork

X-Fusion Nude, TwinLoc Remote

Shimano SLX - Deore 20 Speed

Shimano Disc Brakes

Syncros X-30S TR Rims

Maxxis Rekon Kevlar Tires

Syncros Dropper Post and Parts

link: https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/scott-27-5-dual-suspension/products/scott-genius-750-2018

Great bike (the Genius platform). Not 100% sure what else is available in your budget, but I'd look around to see if there's something with better suspension. The Recon will run out of talent pretty soon on a 140mm bike when pushed hard. 

I always figure that the longer the travel the more important suspension performance becomes and 140mm is smack-bang All Mountain / Enduro-ish territory. If the other options leave you with Fox performance then you won't be worse off, but if you can find something with a Revelation or dare I dream for a Yari or even a Pike then go that direction.

Drivetrains are pretty solid across the range so not a big deciding factor and disc brakes from Shimano and SRAM are all up to most tasks. 

Wheels, frame & suspension should be considered first, then the rest. 

Happy shopping

Hello everybody,

I am still on the hunt for a new bike, and in my previous post (by the way thanks for all the responses) I asked about the Skyrim Comp, but after considering financing I pushed my budget.

So after a bit more research, I came across the SCOTT GENIUS 750 (2018), so I'd really appreciate any responses about the bike.

Thank you!

Genius Alloy SL Frame

Rock Shox 140mm Fork

Shimano Disc Brakes

Syncros X-30S TR Rims

link: https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/scott-27-5-dual-suspension/products/scott-genius-750-2018

Great bike (the Genius platform). Not 100% sure what else is available in your budget, but I'd look around to see if there's something with better suspension. The Recon will run out of talent pretty soon on a 140mm bike when pushed hard. 

I always figure that the longer the travel the more important suspension performance becomes and 140mm is smack-bang All Mountain / Enduro-ish territory. If the other options leave you with Fox performance then you won't be worse off, but if you can find something with a Revelation or dare I dream for a Yari or even a Pike then go that direction.

Drivetrains are pretty solid across the range so not a big deciding factor and disc brakes from Shimano and SRAM are all up to most tasks. 

Happy shopping

Hello everybody,

Thank you!

Genius Alloy SL Frame

Rock Shox 140mm Fork

Shimano Disc Brakes

Syncros X-30S TR Rims

Hi OscardW

We currently have a medium YT Capra carbon Enduro bike in stock which is going for R36 400. It is a second hand bicycle however its still in good condition. If you are looking to finance the bike you can contact I-Me solutions and they will assist you with finance for the bicycle. 

Please see link below for the bike i am referring to:

http://bikemarket.co.za/product/yt-capra-m-carbon-650b-bm1549/

Give me a shout if you are interested or have any further questions

Thanks 

Kirsten 

061 525 1032

Hi OscardW

We currently have a medium YT Capra carbon Enduro bike in stock which is going for R36 400. It is a second hand bicycle however its still in good condition. If you are looking to finance the bike you can contact I-Me solutions and they will assist you with finance for the bicycle. 

Please see link below for the bike i am referring to:

http://bikemarket.co.za/product/yt-capra-m-carbon-650b-bm1549/

Give me a shout if you are interested or have any further questions

Thanks 

Kirsten 

061 525 1032

Hello Kristen, thank you very much, it is an amazing bike, however unfortunately in this case I am looking for a Large frame. I am 181cm.

Happy shopping

Thanks a lot for the response. In my research I also found the Merida One Forty 800, which I think is an excellent bike, but unfortunately the only Merida, so if you have any feedback on that bike as well I would really appreciate it. But to answer you question I am looking for a bike in the mid R30k, maybe maximum R40, preferably 27.5' and no more than 140mm?

If you have time in your day to recommend anything, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Oscar!

I love this bike and want one myself. I love the fact that you can flip a chip, change wheels and go up to a 29er. Also, the plus size wheels and even in 29er mode, you can go up to a 2.6. Dual lock outs are good. The international reviews on this bike are brilliant.

Please note that i DO NOT own this bike but want one badly and have watched tons of youtube vids on it - - so i'm an expert (lol) 

Thanks a lot for the response. In my research I also found the Merida One Forty 800, which I think is an excellent bike, but unfortunately the only Merida, so if you have any feedback on that bike as well I would really appreciate it. But to answer you question I am looking for a bike in the mid R30k, maybe maximum R40, preferably 27.5' and no more than 140mm?

If you have time in your day to recommend anything, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Oscar!

I would seriously recommend that Merida One Forty 800, the spec to price ratio on it is brilliant and it has great reviews. A buddy of mine got one recently and it goes really well. Another option could be the new Silverback Surface or Slider LT in a similar price range, but seriously that Merida is a winner.