Silverback Superspeed Hardtail

wildwindfr

Hi hubland. Need some feedback. Looking to replace my current Momsen AL329 2014 model with a new bike by the end of the year.

I ride the Limpopo marathon series which generally consists off 6 races between 60km and 80km. Will also do some smaller races.

I am also looking at doing some longer events next such as the Waterberg challenge and maybe the new Magoebaskloof stage race.

A dual suspension would be great but spec on hardtails is better. I generally finish in the top 20 overall and last race was 3rd in age group.

I saw the Silverback at my LBS this week and really like it. It was marked at R25 000. I think that is a good deal for a carbon bike.

Anyone here have one or have ridden one that can give some feedback or alternatives?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It is the base model. I am more interested in the frame. Components can always be upgraded later on if needed!

Thanks

Hi. Nobody ridden this bike yet?

I know Tiffany Keep rides one and she is always on the Podium, so would assume it's a good bike for racing

Hey man,  the Superspeed is ripping up race tracks all over the world and locally on the podium almost every weekend. Luke Moir & Tiffany Keep locally, along with Frazier Clagharty, Mariske Strauss and Gagne to name a few on the international circuit.

The tech works, the frame is lightweight and robust - stiff where it needs to be, getting power to the wheels, and flexible where it needs to be, comfort on a hardtail.

Gorgeous in the flesh (and though I have not ridden it myself) I hear only good things!

Thanks Nox for that. I really like the look of the bike. It is even nicer in the flesh. Think I need to get my budget together!

Archived