2018 Cannondale Scalpel Si3 2x Crank

ct_rider

Hi Hubbers

Due to the offset on the above bike, whether crank and/or wheels, are the Shimano 2x cranks (XT / XTR) compatible with the above bike?

Does anyone have anything other than the 2x Cannondale Si, BB30, 36/26 CNC Rings that comes off the Si4?

It seems the issue is that the crank might hit the rear chain stays due to the offset.

Thanks in advanced.

The 2017/2018 Scalpel has a 83mm bb shell +6mm for the Ai off set so a Shimano 24mm MTB spindle will fit into the frame and can be spaced corrected to achieve a suitable chain line.

You will need a B30 set of shims and spacers.  

You will also need a PF30A compatible BB30 to 24mm axle converter.

https://wheelsmfg.com/bbright-adapter-for-shimano-cranks.html

or

https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/cannondale-bb30a.html

the latter is probably the better solution

Hi Hubbers

Due to the offset on the above bike, whether crank and/or wheels, are the Shimano 2x cranks (XT / XTR) compatible with the above bike?

Does anyone have anything other than the 2x Cannondale Si, BB30, 36/26 CNC Rings that comes off the Si4?

It seems the issue is that the crank might hit the rear chain stays due to the offset.

Thanks in advanced.

I'll have a look regarding the rings.  Might have something. 

Found out that you can use the crank arms and get the "spider" that attaches to the arms with 2 rings for approx +/- R1800 - R2000. With front deraileur and shifter it works out to about R3500. 

Found out that you can use the crank arms and get the "spider" that attaches to the arms with 2 rings for approx +/- R1800 - R2000. With front deraileur and shifter it works out to about R3500. 

is this for a Si Crank or for the Shimano?

Hey CannonSi3,

I might have Shimano 11 speed XT front shifter and FD.

Let me know and i will check at home.

Ciao

S

is this for a Si Crank or for the Shimano?

Apologies, this is for the SI Crank!!! So no Shimano crank needed. I have a 2x crank at home. But now I'm going to upgrade my wife's bike with that crank.

Question.

Why go "back" to 2x?

It is preferential to my style of riding. I prefer spinning a good cadence for climbs, especially the very long climbs. 

Furthermore, I have reached a level of fitness where I am starting to do marathon races. Recently did the Trail Seeker Grabouw. Didn't have an issue with the 1x drivetrain through the 73km's, despite it being muddy AF! I do have the strength, fitness and endurance for a 1x drivetrain.

However, for me, the further I was riding into the race, the less I wanted to grind and the more I wanted to spin. I feel I can conserve far more energy and ride harder throughout the whole race with a 2x11. 

Regarding the weight and shiftting hassles, same is negligible. 

Hey CannonSi3,

I might have Shimano 11 speed XT front shifter and FD.

Let me know and i will check at home.

Ciao

Cool let me know 

Apologies, this is for the SI Crank!!! So no Shimano crank needed. I have a 2x crank at home. But now I'm going to upgrade my wife's bike with that crank.

It is preferential to my style of riding. I prefer spinning a good cadence for climbs, especially the very long climbs. 

Furthermore, I have reached a level of fitness where I am starting to do marathon races. Recently did the Trail Seeker Grabouw. Didn't have an issue with the 1x drivetrain through the 73km's, despite it being muddy AF! I do have the strength, fitness and endurance for a 1x drivetrain.

However, for me, the further I was riding into the race, the less I wanted to grind and the more I wanted to spin. I feel I can conserve far more energy and ride harder throughout the whole race with a 2x11. 

Regarding the weight and shiftting hassles, same is negligible. 

Interesting view point.  

I'll check for you in the garage.  Think I still have a spider and two chainrings.

We'll talk funky tomorrow if you want.

Archived