Football

IceCreamMan

Also wasn't complaining about the questionable penalty... got this, plus all the 5 fold bets under it. R100 magically turned into R3000 :thumbup: 

I haven't bet in weeks because the results have just been so crazy, but I'd hoped the fans coming back would bring a bit more normality...

attachicon.gifBet slip.jpg

wow, thats well done. 

I have had a good little run too but nothing like that. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I have started betting on the past two EPL match weekends.... And my wife sees me as a gambler, lol...

Anyway, I’m having a bit of a jol even though I am betting between R10-R20 at a time. I’ve tried but not had a multi bet win yet. I’m still just under my initial R100 kitty

Okay, so I have started betting on the past two EPL match weekends.... And my wife sees me as a gambler, lol...

Anyway, I’m having a bit of a jol even though I am betting between R10-R20 at a time. I’ve tried but not had a multi bet win yet. I’m still just under my initial R100 kitty

I bet small, so i win small or lose small. it gets involved as you try to outwit the bookies. 

I always pick for a win, never a draw. and sometimes pick sides cos the odds are excellent. 

Like man united vs city this weekend. United are above city and on a good run. Its a home game for united and the odds are 3.2 to 1 for a win. City are even money. (these figures as quoted when i bet). Naturally i had to take a punt on united. 5 quid wins 16. Good odds. 

One thing i find fascinating is the bookies systems. As the game is played the odds change all the time and i can cash out if i want to. I can only assume this is all automated. The systems must be fantastic continually making changes as the game and time moves. Multiply that by all the games going on at the same time and it becomes a huge system. And it has to be absolutely live. Incredible really. 

Ugly for united an Barcelona.

There was nothing ugly about what happened in Barcelona [emoji39]

Noticeable mentions

Mckennie

Arthur

De Ligt

BUFFON

BUFFON

BUFFON

BUFFON

BUFFON

BUFFON

BUFFON

PIRLO ..he set the team up very well.[emoji123]

We needed to win by 3 to win the group..we won by 3 .. MENTALITY

Edited by Gen

I felt that Juve would turn up for this game actually. Barca unfortunately are still in the doldrums and will be content to write this season off, get their formation and form set up over the rest of their games, and hope for better next season

Ugly is the PSG game scenario!

Ugly is the PSG game scenario!

Indeed ..but I am glad the teams took a stand. that BS needs to stop.

I believe the game will be replayed today at 7pm.

As for Barca, yes they are going through a difficult time.. Thought Rui Puig was very good when he came on.. I don't know what Koeman's problem with him is, Messi was Messi of course he was very good.. finds all the spaces.. but its a problem when he has to drop back to collect the ball and create from deep..Barca made a mistakeby letting Saurez go without being able to replace him..that quality is hard to find. Barca's 7 shots on target all came from Messi and well Buffon he was just fantastic last night and it's not just his shot stopping the way he organises his defense is the difference and he does so in a very vocal way.. The curious case of Greizman though..so inconsistent..[emoji2368] on the turn they are however dreadful.

Edited by Gen

Paulo Rossi passed.

Damn, these are guys we watched in our life times as adults...

So sad.

I was really young during the 82 world cup but I still remember how my father celebrated everything Rossi did during that WC, of course his achievements weren't limited to that WC.

From all accounts a really good guy.

May he RIP

Edited by Gen

Seen this sad news earlier...

Paulo Rossi RIP

I recall that ‘82 WC performed where Rossi excelled [emoji1419]

BUFFON posted the most beautiful post about what Paolo Rossi meant to him and the people of Italy.

SS have been rebroadcasting the 82 WC and I watched that Ita-Brazil game again.. man talk about a tactical masterpiece because on paper there was no way Italy should've beaten Brazil..that team man..still regarded as one of the best squads.

Edited by Gen

So yesterday I called Newcastle an Everton. Although Everton I cashed in early an placed a small bet on a draw which did not happen. Lost on united though. So up about 10.

Today. Saints , spurs, Liverpool, Leicester to win. Using that tenner let’s see how far this can roll. Potentially 80.

I leave out the arsenal game cos while arsenal are hot favourites they just up an down.