3D printing in Cape Town

Americo

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a place where to print a Garmin Virb Ultra Cage. The original one I got makes a very annoying noise when I record videos while cycling. So I'm looking to make my own. 

I already got the file designed, just need someone to print it for me

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you 

post-69588-0-46298800-1544556977_thumb.jpg

Contact Russel Oosterlaak on russell1@3dsolids.co.za  of 3D Solids . He prints any size part even for the aviation industry . Web site www.3dsolids.co.za  

Hey Americo,

I do a lot of printing for work, mostly prototyping. I do some functional parts, but they do have a fairly short life span.

If you want to try match the strength of your current injection moulded part you need to beef your part up by increasing wall thicknesses. The issue is the tabs for the gopro mount, put the biggest possible radius at the bottom. Choose your material and printer carefully they aren't all created equal.

If i was doing it I would print to check sizing and fit, and then get it cut on a CNC from HDPE or Aluminum.

Cheapest option is to stick a bit of rubber or foam in your current casing, but wheres the fun in that! Hahaha