Southbroom riding

Grantc

Does anybody know what the riding (offroad) is like in Southbroom. Would like to get a few 60km+ rides in when I am down there.

Would like to avoid as much tar as possible

Thanks

Does anybody know what the riding (offroad) is like in Southbroom. Would like to get a few 60km+ rides in when I am down there.

Thanks

Ah, the lovely South Coast. Except for the crime, I still love it there. I know there are some routes around Bazley, but that is much more north from where you are.

Edited by Moridin

If you want gravel roads, go directly over the R61 at Southbroom traffic lights (from Southbroom side) then take a left turn approximately 20m later. This leads to a network of gravel roads. You can find your way around with Strava. The only trail close by is Clearwaters, which has approximately 20km of easy trails and farm roads.

Thanks

Like Phatman said. You can ride the dirt roads North to Margate and then join Duracycles club ride on a Saturday morning or Wednesday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Turning off of Marine Drive into Fascadale Road almost immediately goes gravel. Enough variations to do 60km almost solely off road. Lot's of climbs