How The Crow got his Mojo back - a pictorial.

Iwan Kemp

Last week the question on who has the hottest bike was posted. Just so happens that it's in the same week that I sold my sooooper sexy Titus Racer X and acquired a new steed, aptly named The Crow. I'm still waiting for one or two parts before the build can commence.

Handlebar:   Wanted a Race Face Atlas AM, but it's not available in SA. Will go with a Easton EA70. Was thinking MonkeyLite, but have been convinced to stay away from carbon on my new AM/Trail beast.

Front Der:    Probably SRAM X9

Saddle:        Can't wait to try out the new Prologo Vertigo 

Tires:           WTB's for sure

Fork:            Was looking to get a Manitou Minute Elite Absolute with 20mm TA, but will have to wait till end of July. Then a Pace RC41 Fighter was thrown into the mix, but unfortunately the steerer tub was cut too short for me. Now it looks like an interim pick while I wait for the Manitou or the new 2009 Rock Shox Revelation with Maxle Lite TA.

Rest of the build you will have to wait and see, but by now most people know I'm getting Industry Nine wheels.

Will post pics of the build from start to finish. Stay tuned.
The Crow2008-06-15 04:46:18

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are building an AM/Trail bike, you will probably want rather meaty tyres. I'm in love with WTB Vulpines now, fantastic XC racing tyres.

Hmm, you not keen on the DT Swiss EXC 150 then....... Now Crow, whats all this EA70 nonsense. I thought that you were an enlightened soul. You forgetting KCNC's SC Bearbone riser bar. 250 grams, 31.8, 710mm wide or the 25.4 version at 20 grams less. 

actually it's 238 (1") 251 (1.5") and 257 (2") depending on the amount of rise/bend.

I'm getting it off the website, I actually know less than nothing (except that it's made out of something half decent for a change)

actually it's 238 (1") 251 (1.5") and 257 (2") depending on the amount of rise/bend.

I'm getting it off the website' date=' I actually know less than nothing (except that it's made out of something half decent for a change)

[/quote']

Yup, SCANDIUM!!

Will know Tues morning what KCNC stock there is. I had KCNC on my Racer X and Moto Lite and Felt RB and loved it. Light, strong and inexpensive. What's not to like?

At a cool R12,500.00 with the first available stock early next year I'm not so keen on the DT, thanks. If it was the third of forth year of production, the weight saving was bigger and were REALLY TRULY THAT MUCH BETTER and more reliable than a RS or Fox I would consider it. But they're not much lighter than Manitou's Minute which is receiving great reviews and it seems like Manitou have sorted out their reliablity issues since Hayes' take over. Time will tell.

BUT, we are getting ahead of ourselves here. We are ALL gonna have to wait and see what the beast looks like come Wed/Thu...

So we going night riding Zorgus? Jee-freaking-haaaaaaaaaah!

Dude, I'm bringing the bike you broke back on thurdsay.

See if you can stick with me up canary this time !

"The original use of scandium-aluminium alloys was in the nose cones of some USSR submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs). The strength of the resulting nose cone was enough to enable it to pierce the ice-cap without damage, and so, enabling a missile launch while still submerged under the Arctic ice cap."