Low tire pressures - Road

Furbz

89kgs 

Running Stock 23c P-R3 tyres at 7 bar, only pump when they feel soft or sluggish 

I hate riding under inflated tyres,  feels like im leaving myself open to punctures and rim dings. 

100 kg .Gatorskins 25mm ,running 6 Bar on both without any problems for two years now .previously i pumped them to 5 bar ,but had a couple of pinch flats 

Ah yes, forgot about the last time i let the rear go down a bit too much, did 40 km ride and got a pinch flat 400m from my gate. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My understanding is that tubeless can be run at lower pressures.  Strange that my Hutchinson Performance TL ready 25mm has a 7bar minimum pressure warning on the sidewall

100kg and 2 road bikes, one with 25's i inflate to 8 and other with 23 i inflate to 8.2.. When i first started riding i inflated to 7.5 but had endless punctures, snake bites etc ave about 1 a week, now its rare and that's riding on East rand roads which are notorious for pot holes, glass etc.   

Archived