Reupholstering of SMP saddle

M Hickley

Hi.

The foam in my SMP plus has collapsed. Is there anyone that can reupholster it and is it worth the effort?

Reupholster - Probably

Worth the effort - Nope - I would not go through the effort. I've read on the reviews on CRC that some other users have also had a similar experience

• 2 months later...

For a 3rd of the price of a new one. Very nice job, Velobrien

Yeah, Velobrien FTW. They've done a saddle of mine yonks ago and the workmanship is unbelievable. 

Velobrien ! Top notch workmanship from friendly people. They will strip off the old saddle to remove all the padding before rebuilding it with the correct density foam and shaping it correctly, then cover it with real leather. (Others often just pad over the old stuff.) You will end up with a basically new saddle that you know will suit you, for a lot less than replacing a good quality one with new. You can also use the chance to add something unique to the bike, stitching in a different colour? Add a logo, like I did? Different colour? They are in Searle Street, Woodstock, in the same complex as Woodstock Cycle Works.

https://velobrien.com/

post-17716-0-42956100-1556172071_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-78369700-1556172086_thumb.jpg

Archived