....first road bike! What to get?

AllAboutRides

Thnx a mill, the question does indeed sound crappy

asking is how we learn ,this is what bikehub is for (mostly) so ask away (if its about bikes)

:thumbup:

asking is how we learn ,this is what bikehub is for (mostly) so ask away (if its about bikes)

:thumbup:

I think what he was more asking about is with certain brands you have model ranges and these ranges have varying prices based on the components... ie in the same range the basic spec bike will cost for example R30 000 in the scott addict range and the top spec will cost R80 000 and then there is varying degrees between... but they use the same frame and its the components that vary. So the question I think relates to do you buy a lower based range with better components or a higher based range with entry level components that you can potentially upgrade as they wear out?

Personally I think try get the best frame for your bike... certain brands will have better resale value on the 2nd hand market should you want to sell later and buyers generally look at the frame... ie. a better specced silverback might get less than a lower specced scott. Also note that components wear out and when you replace you have an opportunity to upgrade them if your pocket allows. Changing your frame is a different story and you might be better suited upgrading the whole bike but that comes at a much greater cost.

But most importantly get a bike that you are happy with and will want to make you ride more.

I am busy trying to sell a TIME ZXRS with dura ace di2 and ZIPP 303 wheels. let me know if you are interested. Bike is in great condition.