How to choose a mattress - Advice please

cpelser

Hey! Also in the market for a king size XL. 

We have been all over trying beds and the cloud 9 is a great option. If you look overseas and on sites such as sleeplikethedead you will see the shift away from spings and coils (although a Simmons is another level of comfy). Cloud 9 along with a host of online only mattresses achieve all you need with just layers of foam. I don't think I can manage with memory foam, it's hard to roll over in the shop now imagine when i'm half asleep. I don't want that struggle. So yeah, we will probably get something with latex (natural or not) as the bounce is nice and offers great cooling.

We need to try out a few more cloud 9 options now to narrow it down. Happy bed hunting! 

I just like how this is in the " other sports" section...

Lol

Makes me remember the prank call Darren Whackhead Simpson did on Mark Pilgram years ago. Mark had an issue with a mattress and Darren called as someone from the shop. Started asking him personal questions about what happens on the bed and what positions etc. It was hilarious.

Hey! Also in the market for a king size XL. 

We have been all over trying beds and the cloud 9 is a great option. If you look overseas and on sites such as sleeplikethedead you will see the shift away from spings and coils (although a Simmons is another level of comfy). Cloud 9 along with a host of online only mattresses achieve all you need with just layers of foam. I don't think I can manage with memory foam, it's hard to roll over in the shop now imagine when i'm half asleep. I don't want that struggle. So yeah, we will probably get something with latex (natural or not) as the bounce is nice and offers great cooling.

We need to try out a few more cloud 9 options now to narrow it down. Happy bed hunting! 

Have you had a look at the Meelu and Sloom options?

I'm actually more interested in how they compare with the foam options from cloud9 than I'm into something from Simmons or other coil options.

• 1 year later...

Goeiedag,

Goeiedag CPelser,

Het jy toe ‘n keuse tussen die Meelo of Sloom matras gemaak?

Ons moet nou self vir ons tienerseun wat nou saans saam met sy pa op hulle fietse in die voorhuis oefen ‘n nuwe matras kry.

Hy kry gou warm en het ‘n baie groter beenstuktuur as ons maar ek dink nogsteeds ‘nn geheuespons-soort matras sal oor die lange duur beter as die ou metaalvere-soort werk.

Laat weet asseblief wat jou ondervinding toe was?

Vriendelike groete,

Michie Malherbe

Mariechen.malherbe@gmail.com