Decisions!

Okay...

I have a dilemma.

I'm a Hardtail kinda guy, but have been looking more and more at the DS side of things, because of the reports of others on the user friendliness, better ride etc etc that they give.

I have come to a decision on the hardtail I want to get, but have narrowed the DS to 4 choices...

1: GT Marathon 2.0

2: Giant Anthem 2

3: Merida 900 D

4: Raleigh Marathon 4.0

As far as I can see, the GT has the highest spec, possibly outdone by Merida.

Any help? GT looks nicest as well. But Raleigh is cheapest.

don't overlook the giant....very nice bikes....friend has one and is very chuffed...check the guarantees you get on the frames as well....if i am not mistaken giant gives lifetime....not sure about the others. 

Merida has redesigned thier full suspensions bikes - due for realease in '09. You buy that mission now and its already outdated. Nothing wrong with that or the bike. I would just hate to be riding my new bike, and then see the new version in a few months time. Having said that, I came VERY close to getting a Mission 3000 D a month ago.

I recently got a Giant Anthem 1 and just love it. Also came from a hard tail and cant believe the difference it makes.

More than one bike shop steered me away from GT and Mongoose (and they both sold the brands!).

What every you do choose in the end, you wont be dissapointed with - You will love your bike. Most riders love the brand of bike they ride and unless you extensively test ride several bikes, you wont know the difference and by how much one is better than another.

Good components dont make up for a crap frame though.

My dilemma was filtering out marketing blah blah and everyone's personal opinion and making the choice!

Good luck!

what type of riding do you do?

your ride with a hydration pak? GT has bottle issues......

And on the GT that litle spring thingy on the BB seems to break alot.... Apparently when burry rides he takes one of those along......

Go for the Giant....

or if you really dont mind money wel spent..... buy a

Cannondale Rush......

I recently (about 2 months ago) got a GT Marathon 1 and am stoked. I think that the GT's do come better spec'd than the comparative competition.

if you on a budget look at merida awesome bikes great value for money......................................... but if you got some cash look at the GARY FISHER super caliber one of the most comfortable and lightest DS options around with great spec