[Event] PPA Sportive #7

Pedal Power Association

Event Name: PPA Sportive #7
When: 13 October 2019
Where: Perdeberg Winery, Western Cape
Category: Road

Enjoy a morning out on your bike with your friends and family. If you've done it before, why not challenge yourself to improve your previous results and aim for a personal best. If it's your first time, you're in for a treat with stunning views of the Paarl and Swartland winelands!

Registration will take place at Perdeberg Winery from 05h00 on Sunday, 13 October 2019.

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

Long Route (101km):

Riders will start at Perdeberg Winery and turn right on Vryguns Road. The route will split at Slent road where the short route will turn left and the long route will turn in the direction of the prison. Cyclists will continue to the R45 where they will turn left, in the direction of Malmesbury. Once they enter Malmesbury, they will turn left on Loedoelf Street and left again at the roboot on to the R302. The route will continue along the R302, becoming the R304 and then turning left on the R312 at the fruit seller 4-way stop. They will continue until they reach the R44 where they will turn left and head back to the venue along Vryguns/Voor-Paardeberg Road.

Short Route (50km):

Riders will start at Perdeberg Winery and turn right on Vryguns road. The route splits at Slent road where the short route will turn left towards the R304 and left again when they reach the R304 heading in the direction of Stellenbosch. When they reach the the fruit seller 4-way stop, the cyclists will turn left on the R312 and continue until they reach the R44 where they will turn left and head back to the venue along Vryguns/Voor-Paardeberg Road.

Water points: The 101 km route will have 3 water points (35,7km | 56,8km | 77,7km) and the 50 km route will have 1 water points (25km).

MORE ABOUT THE SPORTIVE SERIES

This series of fun rides is aimed at all cyclists, from beginners to experienced riders, and offers the perfect platform if you want to keep fit riding road events throughout the year, improving your times and setting a new personal bests.

If you’re brave enough to take on the challenge of the longer routes, the series is a great test for endurance and stamina … and needless to say, completing all the events will be a great source of personal achievement.

No pressure though! Each one is also a standalone event, so you don’t have to enter all in the Sportive Series.

Following this event, there will be three events remaining, spread throughout the year:

• PPA Sportive #8: 1 Dec, Simonsvlei Winery (Distances 86km | 51km)

DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE FROM CAPE TOWN

From the Cape Town via N7:

Follow the N1, turn left on to the N7 towards Philadelphia Road/R304. Take the R304 exit from N7 past Philadelphia. Follow the R304, turn left on the R302/Klipheuwel Road and continue along Slent Road. Turn right on to Vryguns Road for approximately 2km to Perdeberg Winery, on the left.

From Cape Town via the N1:

Take the N1 to the R44. Take exit 47 from the N1 and turn left on the R44. Follow the R44 and turn left at Windmeul Winery on to Voor Perdeberg/Vryguns Road and continue along Vryguns road for approximately 7,5km to Perdeberg Winery, on your right.

GPS Co-ordinates:

Latitude: -33.39'30.00"

Longitude: 18.49'37.00"

NOTES

Remember to wear your PPA road fun ride number and Racetec timing chip.

No children u/13 on the 101 km route.

No children u/11 on the 50 km route.

ONLINE ENTRIES

Long Route (101km)

Non-Member R375

PPA Member R275

U/18 Non- Member R200

U/18 PPA Member R100

Development Entry R100

Short Route (50km)

Non-Member R175

PPA Member R125