Ordered my next (bargain) bike - GP300

Ashchest

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride one of these, great bike, quite a bit faster than my MTB, but it does not enjoy offroad much..

Is the frame the issue with going offroad? Doesn't carbon give a bit more flex, ie assistance, on gravel? Would the Shockstop make a difference in the handling? One would have thought being a gravel bike, it would be able to do some none-technical singletrack as Van Gaalens River Trail

Edited by CogitoErgoSum

• 2 years later...

*casts thread resurrection spell*

So, on their site Momsen claim that this bike can run 29 x 2.1 MTB tyres? Anyone have any experience with the tyre clearance on this bike? If that's the case, I might be interested in one.

Any experiences or photos much appreciated.

@TyronLab I use to own one, could stick my Roval MTB wheel with specialized fast track up front, 29x2,2 and it still had clearance.

On the rear however the 2,2 did not fit, max i could ever get in there was 2,0 and it was a very,very tight squeeze, would not recommend running it like that. 1,9 would be perfect.

Hope this helps

On 10/14/2022 at 9:49 AM, MysticBlack said:

@TyronLab I use to own one, could stick my Roval MTB wheel with specialized fast track up front, 29x2,2 and it still had clearance.

On the rear however the 2,2 did not fit, max i could ever get in there was 2,0 and it was a very,very tight squeeze, would not recommend running it like that. 1,9 would be perfect.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that! What's the chainstay's design like? Considering running two wheelsets (a 700cx43 or 45 and a 650B with MTB tyres - biggest I can fit), so what would the clearance be like with a 650B wheel?