Newbie and the 94.7

OnlyFans

I eat every 30min on the bike. Its either a fast bar/far bar, a couple pieces of dried fruit, a gel etc... even a sandwich with honey on it. Real food is always better than processed stuff, give it a try. 

And then liquid, I consume around 250-350ml ever half hour or so. I have water in one bottle and a high5 zero hydration tablet in the other. No energy sugary energy drinks, I get enough from the food. 

Stay away from those USN Cramp Blockers, I've tried them and they caused more cramp than anything, only way to fix cramps is to ride longer, its the only way.  

All the best with your decision, but regardless just go out and enjoy the day. Im flying over 10000km to come and ride as its such a good day out, a hard ride but so good! 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question regarding the 94.7 .

I’m new to the whole road scene. I did the Tshwane classic 50km (the day after the WRC so you can imagine.. ) on a mountain bike with 2’25 tyres with little to no training ,felt like a drag near the end, had tummy cramps (ate those dam potatoes and micro greens maybe?) and I think my bike wasn’t set up well so probably wasn’t the best , did it in 02:05.

So my question is , would it not be wise to buy a late entry for the 94.7 ? . Would be the longest distance I would have done, I will get myself a road bike and set it up properly , sneak in a few training rides and find out what gave me those cramps . But as a newbie to the route/ride perhaps fellow hubbers can tell me how tough it can be? And what I should expect and how to do some last minute training.

if i was you i would put some slicks on my MTB you are comfortable with the bike and you know it . 94.7 is not that difficult you are not riding for a poduim so go out take your time enjoy the day and look and learn . if you want to ride on the road buy a decent bike and start with short events until you are comfortable with the road bike then do the 94.7 next year on the road bike . For me  its all about enjoying what you do and having fun with like minded people