Calling all Kask Protone helmet owners

nickvink30@yahoo.com

After scouring the SA online and LBS's scene for a decent helmet, I ended up deciding on a Protone. All the reviews I read were very positive and the helmet seems to be a very popular one from what i can tell out on the road. My thoughts so far:

Pros:

Ridiculously light

Very comfortable

Sits securely, and fitment/adjust ability excellent

Eyewear slots into helmet with zero risk of falling out (glasses dependent sure)

Next to no drag at high speed so its "aero"

Doesn't overheat and venting suberb.

Looks good (subjective I know)

Cons:

Expensive

And the reason for my post - Channels sweat directly into my friggin eyes!!

I've owned and used quite a few helmets in the past but none have done such a fantastic job of channeling sweat away from my forehead and directly into my eyes! I'm sure for the cost, the experts at Kask could have developed a better sweatband that channels sweat off the forehead better than the current one. 

Anybody else experience this and know a clever hack to prevent this from happening? Tried vaseline above the brow but not ideal. I'm considering tossing the "sweatpad" away and replacing with another brand like Giro or MET (my Met one was excellent)

Hello Nick, 

I'm following this thread and will also take the info to KASK international to get some thoughts on the sweat issue some are experiencing. 

We have the complete range of replacement pads for the past couple of years' helmets should you require them, it is also recommended that these get replaced after a lot if use. 

https://www.kaskhelmets.co.za/accessories/

The Valegro is definitely the version that will allow the most wind to flow through and give some drying effect. You will note that Team INEOS mainly uses this helmet in the mountain sections of the races. 

As with all our brands we are happy to hear from you via our support team should you require help of have questions on your KASK helmet. 

​Cheers!

Hey Nick,

I've had the opposite experience with the Protone - most other helmets I have to squeeze the sweat out of the front pads before it starts to drip down my face. With the Protone, I never have to do that. I have no idea where the sweat goes, but it doesn't seem to build up in the pads at all.

• 4 weeks later...