Best fast rolling 2.3 tires

T_Boss

didn't read every single post but i personally like a ardent race or ikon rear and quite like the forekaster in 2.35 front. good all round setup.

would not use Schwalbe as they don't seem to last long enough for the price and the canis was good regarding weight and speed but very flimsy 

the ibex on the front was amazing but gets on the heavy side and quite pricey 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a Rocket Ron /Racing Ralph combo for a while (SnakeSkin and Addix) for more than 2 years with no complaints.

Only recently switched the RaRa for a RoRo (Evo - 2nd hand tire) at the back... the RaRa thread seemed to wear out quickly.

Only other tires I ridden before that was Ikons upfront which was good and Spez Fast tracks at the back which i slashed easily (granted it wasn't the grid compound).

Had Vee Co Rail trackers which was absolutely crap upfront (although as a rear tire is fast rolling), however slashed two of these within a matter of months as a rear tire.

Been contemplating with switching to Pirelli in the future

anyone know how good Pirelli tyres are for XC/Trail?

Edited by YaseenEnos

I had a similar predicament when I received my bike. As such currently using the racing ray/racing ralph combo in 2.35 format during the summer (which is working really well with no punctures in 1500km), with a 2.3 nobby nic setup for the winter times.

Ended up keeping the purgatory grid on the rear, and fitted a slaughter Grid on the front, also in 2.3..... first big ride with it tomorrow, will report back on the results

A slaughter on the front.... wow. That should be fast rolling but I'm not is sure I'd be that brave. I'm always a a fan of chunk up front and party at the back! 

A slaughter on the front.... wow. That should be fast rolling but I'm not is sure I'd be that brave. I'm always a a fan of chunk up front and party at the back!

Pretty much 90% of the riding at the moment is hard pack and dry. I'm pretty impressed with the combo as a winter set up (for the highveld)

Did a 60km ride from Dullstroom down the escaprment yesterday. It was all on unmaintaned farm roads and district roads. I was still able to hammer it through some really rough rutted and washed out stuff, and carry good speed on corners even on loose gravel. Will upload some go pro clips once i edit them.

Was a jol, and the slaughter worked a treat up front. It never felt like it was going to wash out. The side lugs have more than sufficient bite for corners