Silverback Stratos CF1

Jbr

Hey guys,

so I sold my old Momsen XT 2015 for about the price I paid for it 1,5 years ago.  I did 2,300km on it and spent of fortune on that bike, changing all the pivots/bearings all the time, changed the groupset/brakeset for XT M8000 (1x), etc etc...

Now I'm looking at buying a proper race marathon bikes for whenever the marathon / XC season starts again. I'm giving up on my hopes of racing EWS and I'm selling my Canyon Strive CF 7.0 2019 to help me fund this new purchase, so I have a budget of R60kish...

And I am very surprised to find out that after selling a 11.3kg (excl pedals) bike for 16k, I can barely find any 2020 bike in the 60k that is in the low 11kgs... except for the Stratos CF1 !

Anyone has tried it ? It has decent specs for the price and at the moment CWC can offer me a pretty good deal on it compared to what other shops offered me on scott Sparks, it's also one of the only bikes that comes stock with carbon wheels...

Otherwise I might consider building a bike on a S-works frame with new carbon wheels and 2nd hand groupset/brakeset...

Thanks for your input ;)

Edited by Jbr

• 7 months later...

What about the NEW Titan range, you can get plenty of bike for that price but my friend has a AL2 and he is very happy.

what did you eventually get?

I bought a 2019 scalpel hi mod xtr edition. Amazing bike, about as light as they get. I had a few issues with it (had to replace the stachion of the lefty because it was badly worn, the shop didn’t service it properly and not with omnico so they voided the warranty. All in all the bike cost me about 65-70k but when I see that the same model (hi mod/xtr) costs 140k new, I’m very happy with my choice. It is very fast both uphill and downhills.

Edit : @dexter last years titan cypher was nowhere near the scalpel himod / sworks in terms of weight, I believe it probably still isn’t. For that price I wanted something lighter than my old bike.

Edited by Jbr