Best heartrate strap

mrJohan

I bought a Polar OH1 a while back. The device needed a firmware update, but the desktop software (the only way to update it) refused to recognise the device because the "serial number is invalid". Polar gave me the run around, telling me to reboot my PC, even though the log files clearly indicated an error from their servers. I took it back.

I generally use a Wahoo Tickr X (built in memory, dual ANT/BT). Works nicely. The Garmin soft strap units are also decent.

Take a look at the range of iGPSPORT sensors, all of which are dual ANT+ and BLE. Their HR40 is around R900 and the wrist HR60 around R1200.

I have only had a Garmin chest strap heart rate monitor and a Polar H 10. As a comparison between the two, I can tell you that the Polar is by far the better product. It picks up the heart rate much more quickly than the Garmin does, the strap is much harder wearing and longer lasting and seems more comfortable than the Garmin one (for me anyway) and it has the advantage that it can connect to a number of devices simultaneously. I will not buy Garmin again if I have a choice between Garmin and Polar.