Platform Bike Rack Space

Bitsy

nifty - where can I get this.

Oh, and two downhill bikes even on a 3 bike platform carrier?  one of the toughest things I've ever done.

Most Thule outlets should have it. And you need not only use it with Thule racks as it mounts on bike to bike (assuming the spacing on the various bike racks is similar)

Thanks for all the insights guys. Decided to go with the 2 bike platform rack (BuzzRack Eazzy 2)- hooked it up and must say I'm quite impressed with the spacing between the two bikes once on the rack. I have a dropper on the one bike so that also makes it a little easier though. 

Pros

- central stabilisation bar that is in-between the bikes makes more sense

- space between bikes is 20 cm (Thule is normally 19 from what I researched)

- light and folds very compact

- easy to mount and has has anti swing tower mount

- comes with all locks (tow bar and security cable)

- holds up to 20kg per bike 

- extremely easy to mount to tow bar

Cons:

- need to buy converter for tow bar electric cable 

- Thule does seem stronger (will last 2 life times :) )

Bottom line is it is "fit for purpose" and addresses the concern of bikes getting damaged through rubbing.

The Thule might last longer, although from what I have seen the buzzracks are pretty durable, and at half the price of the Thule, still a bargian, even if it lasts only one lifetime.

The spacing on the buzzrack also seems to be a lot better in my mind. If i buy another platform rack, I would probably opt for the buzzrack