Rear shock oil leak

robertbreyer

Jump Some Pavements to check the Bottom Out Point on the O ring.

It Looks like it's Locking Out - Not Using the Travel.

Its either faulty or you're riding it locked out unless you only ride road of course. Take ut back to the Spaz dealer and get them to check it out and do a airspring set up and show you what the knobs do.

Wipe it clean after ever ride and monitor. If its leaving that much residue after every ride I would look at maybe getting an air can service.

I’ve been riding fox shocks for a number of years, specifically the brain variant, and am quite used to seeing oil on the shaft when it’s recently been serviced and up to the time it needs it’s next service in 50/150hr intervals.

This particular model also has had auto sag since the 2012 Epic and what’s even more alarming is how much oil rejects at 300psi when you set the sag.

In my opinion from that picture the OP has nothing to worry about as long as performance of the shock is acceptable which as pointed out, he doesn’t seem to have set the shock up for travel yet (if that’s the usage of the shock after a ride).

Edited by Kom