Timeframe on damage assessment and communication

Edereese

Sort of on this topic, how long does an insurance claim process normally take everyone else?

Having had a few, the first one was 4 days from accident to pay out, to almost 4 weeks.

Seems to vary a lot depending on who you get on the insurer side.

Discovery seem to be a little more awake this time around it seems. Will keep updated.

Would depend on how many new claims the insurer receives. They all have x amount of staff who can deal with y amount of claims in a specific month. If there is a large influx of claims, the Turn around time would be longer, vs quieter times, when the guys usually work on getting the Outstanding claims counts down. There is no reason for the company to delay a claim unnecessarily or unreasonably (TCF covers that). All should also supply you with the escalation process for complaints, should tehre be a need to complain.

The more you claim, the longer it takes.

They can also get finicky and have you jumping through hoops....

Just had the interview, genuine guy who sounded like he just wanted more information of the exact facts etc. Pretty happy with the whole thing.