How to keep dog from running out gate

The Ouzo

But do you actually ever walk the dog?

Train your dog to walk properly and he'll most likely end up well behaved. If he's not used to being outside, it's obviously new and exciting for him to run around outside. The more intelligent and active an animal is, the more stimulation it'll require. You also need to be creative, come up with new games etc.

We've had a number of Jack Russels over the years, and all of them were well behaved, no chewing, digging holes, pissing everywhere etc. 

Spend time with your animal, and learn what it needs.

did you actually read his first post?

Agree on the shock collar. Would you put one around your balls for every time you go to the cookie jar?

Not nice for dogs, but an interesting addition to the bedroom collection.

Edited by Lotus

close your gate?

dont worry... i know your pain..our dogs used to always run outside our gates in SA when we were entering (not when we were exiting for some reason). Luckily we were in a pan handle so they would have to venture down the driveway to get to the road...but thee were days where I was hundreds of metres down the road getting the dogs in while they sniffed and poked around in the shrubbery.

The panhandle made it not so much of an issue (in fact...all of our houses were either in a panhandle or in an estate - so it never really mattered) - so i never investigated it further

Solid advice stretch  :clap: