Garmin Edge vs Wahoo Elemnt Roam

Bundu Ric

Thanks will check out DC Rainmaker, dont think I have yet looked at any of the reviews. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

• 3 weeks later...

Me again with one final question, 

I pretty much decided on the Wahoo Roam, but before I pull the plug, I need clarity / guidance on the following,

Most of my riding is done on trails, so is there a significant difference between importing trails and navigating the trails on the Garmin vs. the Wahoo that would make the one better than the other?

Me again with one final question,

I pretty much decided on the Wahoo Roam, but before I pull the plug, I need clarity / guidance on the following,

Most of my riding is done on trails, so is there a significant difference between importing trails and navigating the trails on the Garmin vs. the Wahoo that would make the one better than the other?

I went from the 530 to the Roam.

Importing the trails was much the same between both devices.

I found a notable difference when navigating though, the 530 would loose gps all the time and take ages to reroute when it did eventually find a signal again. The Roam is much better at holding a signal I found.

Thanks, and after spending some more time on YT and forums today, I decided on the Wahoo Roam, I think for my needs this will be better than a Garmin at this point in time. 

I went from the 530 to the Roam.

Importing the trails was much the same between both devices.

I found a notable difference when navigating though, the 530 would loose gps all the time and take ages to reroute when it did eventually find a signal again. The Roam is much better at holding a signal I found.

These threads always end the same-bashing of the established brand because someone had an issue or knows someone who had an issue.

The reason there are more issues noted here relating to garmin as opposed to wahoo is more a numbers game. Garmin outsells wahoo in multiples. So the number of issues report on will also be higher.

Does garmin have issues-yes. But in recent years they are driving the market a lot more than anyone, which is respectable given the lack of strong opposition. They are not pulling an ANC move. Their devices have more features and innovation than most other devices out there. And they support an ecosystem that is unmatched by other players in the field. And as good as the Apple health ecosystem is, apple really is not playing in the same arena-they play more in a concert hall