Tire comparison

Jared Falck

Jared, you are overthinking this. Buy a combo, any combo. Try it out, next time try something else. Eventually you find what you like. Mtb tech is at the point where there are really very few terrible options so any of the above mentioned will do just fine. At the end of the day tyres are personal preference, so the only way to find you perfect is to try a few out.

Also why do you say the race king is for the pros?

They are light ,work well ,rarely cut ,but start disintegrating to soon and the rubber comes off at the sidewall .I weigh 100kg ,so maybe that is the problem 

Whatever is in stock currently is a good choice ,but you will not regret any maxxis/ vittorio combo .Put a ikon 2.35 at the back and a barzo in front .Many happy Gauteng miles 

They are light ,work well ,rarely cut ,but start disintegrating to soon and the rubber comes off at the sidewall .I weigh 100kg ,so maybe that is the problem

Thanks, I think if I can get the continental race king for a good price I’ll get them, if not I’ll probably go for an ikon 2.2

Whatever is in stock currently is a good choice ,but you will not regret any maxxis/ vittorio combo .Put a ikon 2.35 at the back and a barzo in front .Many happy Gauteng miles

Thank you very much, will probably go for an ikon and barzo, I have been thinking of it for a while.

Jared, you are overthinking this. Buy a combo, any combo. Try it out, next time try something else. Eventually you find what you like. Mtb tech is at the point where there are really very few terrible options so any of the above mentioned will do just fine. At the end of the day tyres are personal preference, so the only way to find you perfect is to try a few out.

I didn’t see this before, this is very good advise to me, thanks.

I often overthink a lot of things when I look to buy something.