Convert/adapt XL bike to a L

myhero

Hi All,

I'm new to cycling, mountain biking in particular, I've purchased a second hand hardtail XL Silverback Spectra Comp 29" (2018) with rockshox

My height is approx. 184cm, I didn't know at the time that the frame was a XL, the guy put the incorrect size on the ad and I didn't check, big mistake.

The frame is too big, I've tried to shorten it by replacing the 100mm stem with a 45mm stem (I didn't want to go to 32mm) but I feel that it needs to be smaller as I don't feel like I have the control that I need. I also know that I cannot adjust the seat too much as I need to have the correct leg position.

Is there anything else I could do, I'd hate to sell as it rides very well and I've already spent quite a bit on servicing, new tubeless tires 2.25 front and back, front and back pads and a replacement rear caliper but if I can't make it work I'll need to sell.

Edited by myhero

Sorry man, looks like you'll be paying school fees with this one. Getting the correct size bike can be a bit of a minefield as manufacturers don't all use the same measurements. For example Merida road bikes in size M are usually a lot bigger than most other brands in size M. Best bet it to move the bike and find one that fits you properly

Hey man, I am in need of an XL bike, maybe we can help each other out 

Send me a DM so that we can chat

Regards 

Robert