Jump to content

OneUp EDC V2 tool rattling


Ernst Kromhout
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all

I recently had a OneUp EDC V2 installed in my steerer tube (threaded)

I’m having some problems with it rattling inside the steerer tube; I fixed it by adding an extra o ring to the bottom of it but it still rattles around just not as loud. 
Any suggestions on a permanent fix would be greatly appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Ernst Kromhout said:

Hi all

I recently had a OneUp EDC V2 installed in my steerer tube (threaded)

I’m having some problems with it rattling inside the steerer tube; I fixed it by adding an extra o ring to the bottom of it but it still rattles around just not as loud. 
Any suggestions on a permanent fix would be greatly appreciated!

And if anyone has the puncture repair kit and the quick link pliers let me know please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 11:16 PM, Ernst Kromhout said:

Hi all

I recently had a OneUp EDC V2 installed in my steerer tube (threaded)

I’m having some problems with it rattling inside the steerer tube; I fixed it by adding an extra o ring to the bottom of it but it still rattles around just not as loud. 
Any suggestions on a permanent fix would be greatly appreciated!

Was the plastic tube installed in the bottom of the fork steerer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ernst Kromhout said:

No, nothing like that in the steerer

The piece on the right is fitted into the bottom of the fork. The tip of the tool sits in the end piece and stops it from rattling. 

Will dig through my box of spares. I think I have a spare. 

How installed this? wowza

prod189137_Black_NE_01.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Steady Spin said:

The piece on the right is fitted into the bottom of the fork. The tip of the tool sits in the end piece and stops it from rattling. 

Will dig through my box of spares. I think I have a spare. 

How installed this? wowza

prod189137_Black_NE_01.jpg

Hotspot cycles did :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

The piece on the right is fitted into the bottom of the fork. The tip of the tool sits in the end piece and stops it from rattling. 

Will dig through my box of spares. I think I have a spare. 

How installed this? wowza

prod189137_Black_NE_01.jpg

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Could they explain why it is rattling? 

 

I phoned them on friday and asked them about it; they said that they will take a look

but I’ll ask them about the plug/tube in the bottom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure it was an oversight on their end. It comes with both the stem and the normal threaded steerer cap kit. 

Whatever you do, don't ever buy the EDC stem system. It was a horribly **** invention that just did NOT work. I also threaded my fork instead. Also the reason I should have a spare plug for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Steady Spin said:

I'm sure it was an oversight on their end. It comes with both the stem and the normal threaded steerer cap kit. 

Whatever you do, don't ever buy the EDC stem system. It was a horribly **** invention that just did NOT work. I also threaded my fork instead. Also the reason I should have a spare plug for you. 

Thanks, I actually considered it

 I’ll buy the pliers and the end plug (if hotspot doesn’t have mine) off you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout