Classified multiple search terms

Gravaviel

Hi guys, 

Does anyone know if it's possible to add/combine multiple search terms in the URL or search bar for the Classifieds section? I've tried every combination I can think of so far and nothing works, and I'd Google it if I knew what forum/classified template we were using but sadly I'm not smart enough to sniff that out. 

Thanks,
Grav

28 minutes ago, Gravaviel said:

Hi guys, 

Does anyone know if it's possible to add/combine multiple search terms in the URL or search bar for the Classifieds section? I've tried every combination I can think of so far and nothing works, and I'd Google it if I knew what forum/classified template we were using but sadly I'm not smart enough to sniff that out. 

Thanks,
Grav

Hi Grav, 

Could you give an example of what you’re wanting to search for and the expected results?

Currently you can include multiple search terms which will be matched to the title field. Each term must appear in the title but in no specific order.

e.g. “Specialized Epic” will match

”specialized epic pro”

or “specialized s-works epic”

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/all-ads?s=Specialized+epic

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2021 at 5:52 PM, Matt said:

Hi Grav, 

Could you give an example of what you’re wanting to search for and the expected results?

Currently you can include multiple search terms which will be matched to the title field. Each term must appear in the title but in no specific order.

e.g. “Specialized Epic” will match

”specialized epic pro”

or “specialized s-works epic”

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/all-ads?s=Specialized+epic

Hey Matt,

Thanks for your response, and apologies for taking so long to get back to you.
I think maybe I wasn't clear enough in my initial post, but your reply kind of hits the nail on the head - multiple search terms at the moment are 'AND' only, with no 'OR' option, which is what I wanted (i.e. a search syntax for multiple search terms where any match returns a result).

Thanks again, and kind regards,

Grav